Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Analog Line Level Preamplifiers , Passive Pre-amps, Crossovers, etc.

4 Input SE Select, Volume, Mute, Remote
4 Input SE Select, Volume, Mute, Remote
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th March 2020, 06:31 AM   #11
Cctbrkr is offline Cctbrkr
diyAudio Member

Ive carted majority of the components ready for purchse, will have to do some searching as some seem to be obsolete. Will report back on that.

I really would like a Volume Knob rather than the volume up and down buttons. Would this be difficult to work into the build?

Also not keen on building the remote. Is a apple tv remote something i could incorporate?

Thanks for the patience, i'm a noob in this realm!
Old 6th March 2020, 08:32 PM   #12
johnhenryharris is offline johnhenryharris  United States
diyAudio Member

You found an error in the BOM, I updated the quantity but missed the reference numbers to the volume resistors. I have corrected the BOM.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DigitalVolumeControlBOM-V1.zip (32.8 KB, 7 views)
Old 6th March 2020, 08:43 PM   #13
johnhenryharris is offline johnhenryharris  United States
diyAudio Member

I too am interested in a Knob verses Button for the Volume. Paulski is working on the idea. I am very interested to see his results and schematic.

For the remote, the receiver and transmitter use a dedicated encode/decode chip so is not compatible with other remotes, too many encode/decode methods to keep up with. Some have proposed using a universal remote and having it learn from the remote transmitter although I have not tried that. The Transmitter is a very simple to build device, which you can see in my other thread, and has been optimized over time.

Last edited by johnhenryharris; 6th March 2020 at 08:45 PM.
  Reply to this post

4 Input SE Select, Volume, Mute, RemoteHide this!Advertise here!