Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Analog Line Level Preamplifiers , Passive Pre-amps, Crossovers, etc.

LDR Pre MkII - LDR volume control and I/O switching
LDR Pre MkII - LDR volume control and I/O switching
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th March 2020, 09:03 PM   #311
knarf68 is offline knarf68
diyAudio Member

Hi ZDR, I'am testing my LDR Pre MKII at the moment. When I start-up the following message shows up:
Error 21: LSE Power Failure
The measured the LDR resisitance of LSE is 85 ohms. I can also set the BIAS to 700K without a problem. The three relays are activated (on).
Pleas advice, what could cause this error?
Old 16th March 2020, 08:23 AM   #312
zdr is offline zdr  Belgium
diyAudio Member

Check your solder joints and components values. Compare 4 LDR channels amongst each other.
Old 21st March 2020, 01:04 PM   #313
diyAudio Member

Thanks for the directions, I found a bad solder joint at one of the relais. The unit is calibrated and 100% functional. Now it is time to test
Old 26th March 2020, 06:48 PM   #314
diyAudio Member

just to let you know, the LDR project works great. I'am very satisfied with the sound and functionality.
One question though, how can I add on/off functionality? Somewhere I have read that a second encoder could be used. Could someone explain how this works?
Old 27th March 2020, 10:25 PM   #315
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by knarf68 View Post
just to let you know, the LDR project works great. I'am very satisfied with the sound and functionality.
One question though, how can I add on/off functionality? Somewhere I have read that a second encoder could be used. Could someone explain how this works?
Yes, second encoder can be used. You also have standby function (on/off) on the remote, invoked when you press and hold play button.

There is no connector for second encoder on board, so you need to solder wires directly to arduino in order to connect it:

pin 13 - to encoder button
pin 11 - to encoder CCW
pin 12 - to encoder CW
gnd - to encoder gnd
Old 1st July 2020, 02:13 PM   #316
bidici is offline bidici
diyAudio Member

Hello ;
I can't find 5ln01sp mosfet. can ı use something else
Old 1st July 2020, 03:22 PM   #317
rpafenberg is offline rpafenberg  United States
diyAudio Member

Ned,

A little over a year ago I built out two of your MkII LDR Preamp PCBs, from your first production run. I ran them through configuration and placed them into storage awaiting the completion of my DCG3 and B1with Kong Triode projects.

After completing the DCG3, I transferred it into a case and wired in the LDR MKII for volume and switching. On startup, the Mk II brought up the flash screen and it went into standby (three dots on the lower right side of the screen); however, nothing I did with the encoder or remote would bring it out of the standby mode. I checked and rechecked the encoder wiring, changed encoders and even shorted between the VCC and ground pins on the board. To ensure that it was a system problem, I wired up the second board and found the same results.

What is so strange about this problem is that both boards had been run through configuration prior to being placed in storage. I assume that they had the initial version of your firmware, and as I saw that you had mentioned a problem with coming out of configuration in the fixes included in a firmware version that you posted, I decided to reflash them with the latest version of the firmware for a single encoder (v1.17).

Following the relatively brief information from your “readme” file. I created a firmware subdirectory off my “C:” drive and downloaded the listed files. As in the “readme”, running the “burn” batch file with no extensions brought up the documented message; however, running the burn file with the appropriate arguments for com port and hex file brought up the following avrdude error message. “The code execution cannot proceed because libusbo.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix the problem.

Given the error message, I downloaded another version of avrdude from your directory. Unfortunately, rerunning the batch file resulted in the same error message. Any idea why I could not bring the two boards out of standby and/or what the error message from attempting to install a new version of your firmware is about?

Regards,

Roy
Old 7th July 2020, 03:09 PM   #318
diyAudio Member

Roy, this firmware is old, gets out of standby only with remote by holding play button.
Old 7th July 2020, 05:42 PM   #319
rpafenberg is offline rpafenberg  United States
diyAudio Member

Neb,

Found that out during my debugging process. I would recommend that you provide more information about what the "avrdude" distribution consists of and consider including "libusbo.dll" with the rest of your firmware distribution since it will not run without it. As an avrdude distribution is included with the Arduino IDE and I had installed it while working with version I of your LDR board I had the solution available. I searched for "avrdude.exe" on my computer found it in the xloader subdirectory along with the required "libusbo.dll". Placing Burn.cmd and the .hex file of choice in the xloader subdirectory allowed the firmware update to operate correctly.

Regards,

Roy
Old 7th July 2020, 07:23 PM   #320
diyAudio Member

Sorry, I did not have this issue so was not aware of it. Each environment is different and difficult to predict. Apparently avrdude is difficult to run standalone, and other apps have their share of problems too. If you can recommend a portable app that can easily run on every pc and burn firmware, I would be more than happy to try it. I could not find it myself.

LDR Pre MkII - LDR volume control and I/O switchingHide this!Advertise here!