• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

New NAKSA now arrived!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If you are going to measure the voltage between the N80 "chassis" lug and your true earth mains connection, with the mains plug in "normal" and "reversed" position and then reverse tranny mains leads, if the "normal" position gives the higher voltage ... remember, the article stresses that:
* the power wire to the unit needs to have the earth connection removed (I put a double-adaptor with the earth lug removed, between the power cord and the wall-plug), and
* all other wires (power and signal) need to be disconnected.

Regards,

Andy

Hi Andy,

Since my power wire true earth is already disconnected (although at the amp), I should not disconnect it at the wall plug as well, because then any measurement would be futile. The comment about disconnecting the earth at the plug is intended for amps in enclosures, where the enclosure would normally be connected to the earth, but - as we discussed earlier - this is not the case in my system ;)

Signal wires should definitely be disconnected, and since mine are soldered in place, I will have to get out the soldering iron to do that.

I use European Schuko type mains plugs that have the earth connections on the sides, which makes it very easy to reverse the plugs for this test. Normally, Schuko plugs have no indication of which pin is "hot", but I have marked mine to ensure that "hot" goes to the correct pin in the IEC plug at the other end of the power cord.

Cheers,

Jens

On May 24 there is a DIY day in Breda Holland my Naksa 80 will be playing in combanation of the L'Orfeo speakers from Humblehome made Audio(Tony Gee) with these drivers
ScanSpeak 6640+18WU

Attachments

• l'Orfeo.JPG
    l'Orfeo.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 335
I have my Naksa 80 up and going now (nice design Hugh :))

It will be part of my system at the Lone Star Audio Fest this weekend in Dallas.
I'm also willing to host a session at my house if anyone is interested in hearing it (I live in Houston)

It has an abundance of power with my 95db+ sensitive speakers.:yes:

Thanks and a new peek........

Thank you Brad!!

I'm thrilled it is up and running and jubilant that a guy in Texas thinks it's sufficiently powerful! Of course, 95dB/watt speakers (Zu??) don't need a lot of power but like all efficient speakers they demand very good amps.

Thank you for your offer to audition for interested people in Texas, that is very generous. I don't have a big distribution - just word of mouth - and this is incredibly helpful, thank you.

Would you be interested in showing your photos?

Here's one for me........

Cheers,

Hugh

Attachments

• N125module3.jpg
    N125module3.jpg
    590.1 KB · Views: 286
  • N125benchtest.jpg
    N125benchtest.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 272
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.