ZenV4 PSU, Nelson & Kristijan combination?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've been collecting parts for 2 Zen V4 mono's.

Since the parts for the PSU are complete I'm looking into the layout and setup of the PSU. I've mixed Nelson's gebruik. and Kristijan's design and came up with:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

The transformator is a 2x 35V 300VA amplimo ring that's used in a 1x 35V 600VA setup.

Any tips or hints?

Tazzy,

the first cap will determine the voltage you´ll get after the choke. Small --> smaller voltage, big ---> higher voltage (max. determined by transformer).

I´m not shure if 6800-2,2-6800-6800-1 will do the job. This depends a bit on the bias setting you go for but seems rather small to me (I tend to overdo this cappy thing).

I would just try this setup and ad more capacity if the voltage is too low (C1) or if you get a significant ripple at C2 under full power.

william

p.s. try installing PSUDesigner, works great to calculate the voltages you will get in advance.

Did you check the current in the transformer or the diodes in the first few ms, no reporting delay? Now set the current to a value that the amp will be biased to using the constant current feature. A delay is OK here. Next set C1 resistance to .1 ohms not 2 ohms and C2 to .33 ohms not 2 ohms.

Now that the real world and the simulation are a little closer I think it will look a little different.

Later
Bruce:geezer:

Tazzy,

Bruce is right. You also could look after a delay of 1000ms and then just for 100ms. You´ll see the ripple for c1 and c2 a lot better.
Try the step function for the current going from bias to 2x bias current and look at the effect on Vc2 (only for one period)

william

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.