Zen V4 psu question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am going to use one 500VA 2x35V transformer to drive both rails. I yesterday drafted schematics of the psu and I would appreciate if some could check that I got everything right and reached Mr Pass' idea.

This because I don't have any EE training.

Attachments

• zen-v4-f6_muunnos.gif
    zen-v4-f6_muunnos.gif
    11.2 KB · Views: 430
Sella said:
I am going to use one 500VA 2x35V transformer to drive both rails. I yesterday drafted schematics of the psu and I would appreciate if some could check that I got everything right and reached Mr Pass' idea.

This because I don't have any EE training.

Hi Sella,

It should work fine, but I would go to CRC or CLC.
25mf->1 Ohm->25mF, or 25mF->2mH->25mF or so...

Adam

CRC in Z4

I agree with steen - I have tried a CRC filter in my Zen 4, and besides the heat in the resistor (0,47R) I didnt notice any difference, either in noise or sound. The regulated supply is doing a good job i think, and if you build the amp on a breadboard, and leave the regulated supply out of the circuit, I would use either CLC or CRC.

Besides that, I would use 50000uF pr. channel - but try with 25 and then the double value, mabye you will notice no difference. I also think that 250VA / channel is cutting the hair short on the trannie - I use 750 VA, and get noticable heat on the donut. I you want to play with the BIAS - and bellive me you do want to play with it, IF you have the heatsink for it - I would go for 500VA pr. channel. Upping the bias adds a lot of spatiality and detail to the amps sound.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.