Zen V4 - Part replacements?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
At the moment I'm collecting parts for a set of Zen V4's.

Thanx to some forum members (Thanx again!) I've collected nearly all the parts.

Which IRFP044 should I replace with a IRFP240? At the moment I'm stuck at 2 for each channel. My guess is Q5?

Can I replace the ZVP3310A with a ZVP2120A? It has nearly the same specs (high drain-source voltage and higher Rds(on))?

ZVP2120A?

Tazzy,

In using the ZVP2120A, you are doubling the input capacitance for the input stage. This will increase high frequency non-linearity due to the additional capacitance which inturn increases high frequency distortion. This was addressed in Mr. Pass' Zen v.4 article when he discussed the design of the follower input and the transistor selection for that stage.

Also, the output characteristics are substantially different. You can use the ZVP2120A and the amplifier will perform better than without the follower (i.e. Zen v.3). Try out the ZVP2120A and see how it performs. The pinout is the same as the ZVP3310A, so if you are disappointed by your selection, you could easily replace it with the ZVP3310A.

Good Luck,

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.