Zen pre-amplifier help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Does this mean that you need four RCAs (two per channel) to convert single ended signals to a balanced output?
No, you only need one RCA per channel on the input side. You have to short -IN to GND on the pcb, otherwise the circuit says nothing!

If you wanted to transfer the signal to your poweramp as balanced, (on the outputside:xeye: ) You COULD use 4 RCA's for that. 2 per channel. But most people use XLR connectors for that;
Hope this clears up things, otherwise just shoot:cool:

Steen.

OK, I think I got that. Again, very helpful. Thanks steenoe! I have one more question, hope I'm not wearing you out.

I etched a second BZLS PCB which I have modified it according to Henrik's XBOSOZ plan, found here:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=499299&stamp=1098780385

If I want to run this board single ended, should I short the negative input in a similar fashion? If so, should I just thread the 10K resistors on the negative inputs into the ground?

Thanks for all your help.

If I want to run this board single ended, should I short the negative input in a similar fashion? If so, should I just thread the 10K resistors on the negative inputs into the ground?
First I have no practical experience with the X'ed BosoZ. But, at looking at the picture you would have to place a jumper, from the inputend of the 10k resistor to GND. So that the 10K is still part of the circuit. Would be nice if someone could confirm this, though;)

hope I'm not wearing you out.
:D No, that would take a lot more;) Glad to help:cool:

Steen.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.