ZD5 Reloaded.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
A little OT but I'm thinking about building this design so could any of you guys give me some subjective impressions about them?

:)

Apologies for the OT from me too. Well, I have built and bought quite a lot of speakers (I AM addicted to speakerbuilding) and this is one of the rare occasions that I was pleasantly surprised. I won't describe the sound but I will tell you that these are the perfect chameleon speakers - they can expand the soundtsage beyond the room but they can shrink it also, they can be warm and they can be analytical playing the same disk with some Best of... compilation - they simply show comes to them from the components up in the chain. That is rare.
Bass is sufficient for the sealed variety and they have the best driver integration I have heard so far apart from the Duelund style crossover speakers. They are tall and slim and that makes for one of the highest WAF I have experienced (!).
Please build these speakers. Take time to finish the project, don't give up if they don't impress you immediately, they are truly good.

I agree:) And don't cut corners like I did, do everything by the book and the result will be impressive. For me WAF comes first, otherwise they don't make it to living room at all:)

I will soon do some comparison between Plutos, Hatt MkIII and ZD5 to see which one turns out as a winner. Looks like it's going to be ZD5.

Nikola, if you have built something better than ZD5, I would like to be the first to know:)

vifa = scan speak??

Hi guys, while researching the ZD5, I ran across a post that the Danish-made Scan-Speak Discover R2604/8330 Double Magnet Ring Dome Tweeter, is identical to the Chinese-made Vifa XT25TG30-04 1" Ring Radiator Tweeter, but better made.

Anyone has any thought about this? Can the Scan-Speak be used inplace of the Vifa in the ZD5? The price difference between them is almost 2X...

Scan-Speak Discover R2604/8330 Double Magnet Ring Dome Tweeter
https://www.madisound.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=45_229_427&products_id=8955

Vifa XT25TG30-04 1" Ring Radiator Tweeter
https://www.madisound.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=45_229_427&products_id=1181

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.