• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

your next level story - Philosophy of EE 101

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
In Sunday School today we watched a section of a video on problems and problem solving in which a quote was attributed to Albert Einstein which said in essence that a problem can not be solved on the same level at which it was created. The speaker was applying this to interpersonal relations and spiritual matters of course but it occurs to me that this probably holds true in our hobby as well. As a matter of fact I suspect the original comment was probably in a very similar context.

So I offer it as food for thought. In what ways have you found the solutions to audio problems by learning to think at another level? Getting out of the lumped circuit elements level to the space charge level is an example of where I am going with this.

Given that a problem is the gap between what is and what we desire; how does one discover and reach the proper plain of endevour which will lead to an effective solution? Enquiring minds want to know. :)

mike

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.