Yet another OPA2134-based headphoneamp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Mikael

You can use the BUF634 in the feedback loop of the OPA2134, to get a better electrical performance. This technique is described on pages 8 and 9 of the BUF634 datasheet. I have made a headphone amplifier this way.

hth,
Tim.

Attachments

• headamp.jpg
    headamp.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 753
I wonder if I should try and get a couple of 134 to use instead of the 2134. I don't want to use one OP to amplify both audio-channels. Will the 134 and 2134 get hot when fed with +-15VDC? The reason I got TO-200 BUF's is that they are very easy to keep cool.

I'm planning to use small ceramic cap's very close to the powersupply-pins of the OPA and BUF, but should i use one that goes from the positive to the negative pin or one from each pin to ground?

Hi!!:wave:

I've just finished my opa2134 based amp, I'm using it for my K240M and it works great!! :cool:

the amp. now works from +-17V but I'm about to reduce this voltage to about +-15V because it has much more power than it's needed for everyday use and at the higher voltage the OPAs get a bit warm :hot::hot:

Attachments

• hpamp.jpg
    hpamp.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 580
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.