yet another LM4780 pcb

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I made my own PCB for bridge/parallel LM4780 setups, so decided to post it here. Bitch me now before I go ahead and order some from pcbshop. I wish I could do less power planes piercing, but I wanted to keep it compact. Dimensions are 33mmX70mm.

Attachments

• lm4780.gif
    lm4780.gif
    44.5 KB · Views: 855
AndrewT said:
Hi,
yes, the decoupling caps are too far apart.
The shortest possible leads and the shortest possible trace lengths.
The smallest ones should aim for direct to pin attachment or on traces that go direct to pin.

They are almost touching the LM4780, it does not get much closer than that? Lets assume I want to put it across the pins directly, underneath the IC. Which power pins then? There are ~4 Vcc, ~5 Vee and 2 GND pins in total, scattered all over the footprint, so how would I connect them exactly? Moreover, the rule of thumb (for <20KHz signals) is to put decoupling caps only if you have more than few inches of PS path between PS caps to IC, which is far from true in this case, so I really doubt they are needed at all.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.