Yamaha RX-497 No main power?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2009
Paid Member
I've been given this Yammmy to repair, there are no relay clicks or display lights when I press the power button. There is however S10v,5MV, /RES (Reset) 4.7v. PDET (power detect) is 0.110mv and PRY (power relay) is around 100mv. That's the only power there is except for 7 or 8vac on the small transformer. Any help is appreciated.:D

The S10 is the 10V standby voltage for the amp, if it is low the amp will not operate.

Please disconnect the CB106 cable in the amp board first and check again the S10 voltage in the M3 small board to see if we can get 10V output.

Attachments

• y.jpg
    y.jpg
    241.9 KB · Views: 373
Joined 2009
Paid Member
The S10 is the 10V standby voltage for the amp, if it is low the amp will not operate.

Please disconnect the CB106 cable in the amp board first and check again the S10 voltage in the M3 small board to see if we can get 10V output.

Is there some other way I can do this because that connection is a major pain to get at and get off! I will do it if I have to though?

I finally got it off, the small board measures nothing on the S10v. That board is easy to get out, I've had it out a few times to check everything and replace a 2.2uf 50v electro capacitor that I thought just maybe a bit low?

Do you disconnected the cable to the power amp board?

You said there is 8V AC from the small transformer therefore you should get the 10V standby voltage.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
I had measured the Diode bridge wrong, I don't think there is anything wrong with it because it reads the same as the other small diode bridge on the board it's connected to? D259, S1NB60 next to the Mosfet Q254. Then I looked at IC251 and IC253 I don't get any diode reading from either one in circuit?

Joined 2009
Paid Member
I put it back together and measured 17.77 vac across the small transformer secondary, the little bridge diode is not putting out any voltage. IC251 and IC253 are not showing any diode voltage with a diode test? I'll wait for the little diode bridges to get here and see how it goes then? Thanks for your help, Patrick. It's appreciated.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.