Yamaha DVD-S2700 looking for firmware

Hi all,

I am seeking firmware for the Yamaha DVD-S2700.

I purchased the Yamaha DVD-S2700 completely dead. I've invested a significant amount of time into it, and although I've resolved some issues—such as
1. fixing the dead power supply
2. replacing the non-functioning tact switches—there
3. dead laser that I've replaced

Now the DVD reads all of the CD/DVD/SACD/VCD discs that I have, but I still have two unresolved issues:

1. It does not respond to the remote control. I have tried both original DVD15 remotes and a universal remote. The IR sensor seems to be functioning correctly because I measured voltage at the output of the sensor, and there's a noticeable change after pressing a button on the remote.

2. The HDMI output is not functioning (I have tried to reset HDMI according to service manual - but for a half of second it blinks "HDMI RESET" without changes)

I assume that perhaps a firmware update will help, but I cannot find firmware for this device anywhere. I have contacted Yamaha without satisfactory results. Does anyone have firmware for this device?

Best regards,
Sebastian

The IC81 has been verified. Pin 3 changes the voltage when I press the buttons on the remote (it is +5 v and after pushing button on the remote it decrease to ~ 4,3 v).
HDMI problem also is bothering me, when I plug HDMI cable te LED in front panel lights up but no signal comes out to TV.
Could the issue possibly be related to firmware, requiring a "simple reboot"?

Regards,
Sebastian

This may help.

Attachments

• dvds2700reset.jpg
    dvds2700reset.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 28
  • dvds2700hdmi.jpg
    dvds2700hdmi.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 33
Thank you. I have already tried resetting HDMI without any effect. For a while, it blinks the text "HDMI RESET," but nothing happens. Unfortunately, I cannot reset the device as shown in the first picture. This operation requires a remote controller, which my device does not detect.

Best regards,
Sebastian

Regarding the remote control, is the RS232C switch on the back panel set to off (I don't know if it makes any difference to the remote controller)?

Maybe cycle through the TV HDMI resolution settings as the player may not be on HDMI Auto. Is there a video signal via Composite or Component?

Thanks for reply.

Regardless of the position of the RS-232C switch, the remote control does not work. Through my investigation, I've discovered that this switch merely enables the ability to control the device via RS-232C.

I also found a relevant document(https://applicationmarket.crestron.com/content/Help/Yamaha/yamaha_dvd-s1700dvd-s2700_help.pdf) where I found some functions for example:
Start_RS232 D Pulse to enable RS232 on the DVD player. This will disable IR control.
Stop_RS232 D Pulse to disable RS232 on the DVD player. This will enable IR control.

However, I have no idea how to connect the device via RS-232C or which application I should use on my PC

Best regards,
Sebastian