• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

XSD Speaker Flatpack GB

Joined 2003
Paid Member
I certainly understand the value of intellectual property, good will and so forth. At the beginning of this project selling cross over and wave guide, you had mentioned we could request a dimensional drawing to follow. I never requested because I intended to purchase a flat pack or have the first wood worker you recommended.

Can I still get those drawings so I could find a cabinet maker locally to make them old school style?

Russellc

I too am interested but not at $1000 dollars for just the flat pack plus shipping. My wife and sons are about to pull the trigger on the mid and woofer drivers and the wife is concerned, and rightfully so, about my ability to build these myself and I have been lurking since the beginning wondering about these flat pack option, but at this price point, I think I'll have to DIY my frames. I already have the tweeters and wave-guides, so we will see what my family decides to do for my upcoming birthday present.

X,
The $150-$200 shipping is not the problem, it's the $750 for the parts that puts this out of reach for me. I have been waiting for months and months just to pull the trigger on the 18 drivers; and there are on sale. The PVR is $30 off x2 for a $60 savings...so I could spend $200 on MDF and plywood, I can't spend $500 or more for cut pieces, no matter how wonderfully accurate they might be.

Reactions: 1 user
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
New flatpack arrived. Looks great in Tru-ply birch. I’m assembling now to make sure it all works. The CNC cuts are clean and accurate and the edges are smooth and void-free as far as I can see. The woofer array can use some alignment dowel holes to make assembly a snap. This will be updated on production runs.
IMG_5422.jpeg

IMG_5423.jpeg
IMG_5425.jpeg
IMG_5426.jpeg
IMG_5429.jpeg
IMG_5432.jpeg

IMG_5431.jpeg

Assembly has started:
IMG_5440.jpeg

IMG_5452.jpeg

Reactions: 2 users
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Hi Folks,
I have good news. We can do the XSD flatpacks for $600 a pair. This is with 3/4in birch faced Tru-Ply and 3/4in MDF on the woofer array box as shown above. The flatpack will be packed in foam, cardboard corner protectors, and a large box with straps so will arrive in great shape.

Shipping only in USA. Typical cost from Texas to Virginia was about $115 via UPS.

Reactions: 2 users