XMOS-based Asynchronous USB to I2S interface

Hello Davide,
there could be some things to test in your audio setup as I cannot tell you for sure the source of your issue.
1. I'm guessing there have been some Win 10 updates lately on your computer but, does it any of those updates a major one?
2. Please try to change the PSU with a regular one and test it again.
3. Since you're using v3.34 driver with same effect I guess 4.11.0 will bring no changes (supposing that you didn't already test v4.11.0).

The point is that you should bring back your audio setup to the stage when it worked on 192 Khz. In my opinion there should be no HW "failure" on your WaveIO. At most, some frequency drifts that are affecting the 192 Khz tracks but, again, I cannot be sure about that. The single reason I could thing to is related to your Win 10 OS + driver OR something in HW that have been changed lately.

BTW, is 192 Khz the maximum sample rate available for your WaveIO? I ask this because if you can run at 384 khz then it would be nice to hear how your WaveIO is behaving with those tracks.

Edit: Some time back I saw that WaveIO does act a bit strange if the PSU doesn't deliver the required amount of current. Maybe is a good idea to check this too. 5V @ >=0.5A

Last edited:
Hello Bas,
you can update the firmware without sourcing your credentials! Link to last version is here and instructions are here.
As for driver support, I'll update it for as much as I can afford! Please don't forget that I have to pay for those drivers each time a new release shows up, and, taking into account the fact that I've been hacked in the past years by plenty of copycats, at some point I'll take into account to stop offering this free service.
But, that time didn't came and I hope it never will! So far, the free access to drivers will be granted to your buyer as long as you'll let me know about his name / email address. Please use PMs from now on!

Kind regards,
L

Hello! As an old promoter of NDK products (with help from a venerable member of this forum to whom I want to thank him very much) I managed to find a way to get my hands on the latest NDK oscillators called: NZ2520SDA.
Datasheet is here.
After some serious work I convinced NDK to sell me 200 pcs of 22.57920 Mhz and 200 pcs. of 24.57600 Mhz oscillators. I have no idea why this deal went so slow but I'm guessing because it's harder for NDK to make this new oscillators compared to the venerable NZ2520SD family... not to mention that is a new product. Who knows....

Either way, I decided to share some of them to you guys but since the quantity is small (<1k pcs.) the price is a bit high! The single drawback here is the fact that for this order I have to wait 16 weeks (yes, up to 4 months). I have no idea if delivery time is included or not but anyway, the main goal is to have those parts!

Meanwhile, if you're interested, feel free to let me know so I can open up a GB.

Kind regards,
L

Last edited:
Hello Gyuri,
first of all please understand that I do not offer the new NDK parts only for my bards (WaveIO or BluWave)! Everyone who's able to solder those tiny parts can have one or many - depending on their needs! I know there are plenty of PCBs and products out there that have NDKs on them so... I have no restrictions about that!

As for WaveIO, I don't know the difference between actual oscillators and the new ones because I don't have the SDA parts here. Still, on the specs, the SDA parts have better phase noise compared to "old" NZ2520SD oscillators.
I guess the best way to find out the difference is to listen to them and decide for yourself! .... OR, wait for others to do this and take their opinions into account ;)