XA25 vs F7

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
There are lots of reviews about the XA25. I have heard it in three installations at shows, and I would have to generally agree with the reviews read online as to sound quality. I would call it my favorite of all the strictly Pass Labs (as opposed to First Watt/SIT) amps I have heard at shows: rich, toneful, tuneful, but plenty detailed. It is also underspec'd and appears to be a bit of a current monster into lower impedances if you have that kind of speaker that needs it.

Mircro managing finesse and fussery about opinion means the only way you could really answer a comparison question is to listen oneself within a designated system.

This article makes a direct comparison: Pass Labs XA25 vs First Watt F7- The two newest Nelson Pass amplifiers go head-to-head | The Headphone List

Last edited:
Dear Mr Pass, let me make a question, if is possible to answer. Also with all my respect.
Is it possible, even remotely, that you are inspired to continue innovating in new designs of amplifiers and devices for the sole reason of satisfying your group of fans of Diyaudio?
Or in some way you will be inspired in what degree to satisfy the hypercritical audience of this Forum?
Best Regards

Like any artiste I enjoy having some sort of audience, but I am
limited practically by the conservative character of a commercial operation.

DIY provides a suitable outlet for excess creativity.....

:cheers:

In what degree of commitment, do you believe that art is close to the exact science, such as electronics linked directly to the manipulation of physics? How much commitment do you think is necessary to create electrical circuits which will be useful for handling musical sounds. Could I say that he is more a luthier than a performer? Or would you come close to stating that you are a composer?
Picasso said that an artist must have 85% effort, 10% luck and 5% talent.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Picasso said number of things , not necessary all of them being truthful

:)

but most close to the truth is

My mother said to me, 'If you are a soldier, you will become a general. If you are a monk, you will become the Pope.' Instead, I was a painter, and became Picasso.

so , whatever you're doing , do it best you can

Papa : And don't forget to have a fun

:rofl:

....... for me , Artistry is all about :

-being committed ,
-being responsible,
-being competent.

if you have something above or on top or besides that all ....... then you're Picasso , or Papa ...... or Zappa

:devily:

Attachments

• FZPippy.jpg
    FZPippy.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 329
Last edited:
It is true that Pablo Picasdo said many things, as much as you can say to yourself, my dear Aleksandar, however the quotation I presented is an interesting thought because it comes from someone very famous, in this case, he attributed as much as we do that talent It was important but if you try hard, and you have little public or little luck, the chances of success will be small. In the case of Frank Zappa, he himself considered that work was the most important thing, and behind an aspect that could be suspected of being chaotic, a unique professionalism was hidden, musicians who accompanied him remained obsessed with so many essays and almost obsessive reprisals. Few endured this monster of music until the end. With regard to Mr Pappa, I have no doubt that much of what he brilliantly publishes is due to his talent but surely it came from a constant effort and without delay. Now, between everything we've discussed about which team is better, I think the XA25 is the clear winner.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
my dear Esteban ..... if you re-read what I wrote , you'll not find that I claimed that "Picasso said that an artist must have 85% effort, 10% luck and 5% talent" is not true;
when I said ".....said number of things , not necessary all of them being truthful" , it was more like figure , to underline what's going to be said right after

or in ZMEngrish - punchholder , to accentuate punchline

now , let's be serious , I can be ZM few more lifetimes , and hardly grow enough to really challenge anything Picasso

:rofl:

The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
In what degree of commitment, do you believe that
art is close to the exact science, such as electronics linked directly to the
manipulation of physics? How much commitment do you think is necessary
to create electrical circuits which will be useful for handling musical
sounds....

Picasso said that an artist must have 85% effort, 10% luck and 5% talent.

Maybe it's more like 80%, 30%, and 50% :p

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.