X-over assistance

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok i had this in esl planar area but i didnt get to much traffic. I wanted some input on crossing over the big rt811 from HI-vi. Shallow steep ? Impedance correction ?

I know nothing about this thing except that i should not treat it like a regular tweeter. I paired it up with the morel 166 in a sealed .46 cabinet to top off my modular system i am building.

Any input would be GREATLY appreciated as i weant to order components tommorow.

Thank you

Madmike2 said:
Shallow steep ? Impedance correction ?

as far as slope its up to you, I like the sound of a shallow slope set real low, That dose not look like a good idea as you need a XO set past the 1khz mark I would do a 1st order at 1.6khz then another at 2khz for woofer and 1.2khz for the planar. Or a 3rd order butterworth. the phasing may "and i might be wrong" help align the two drivers. l as for impedance correction i don't see how, they don't give you the info you need to design the filter.

hmmmmm ...... i was thinking of staying around 3500 ... they both look sketchy on models. Anyone else have an opinion ? Dave ? Or Cal neither of you work with these HI-Vi before ? Or the Morels for that matter . Will the Morel MW166 run up to 3500 plus ?

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Madmike2 said:
hmmmmm ...... i was thinking of staying around 3500 ... they both look sketchy on models. Anyone else have an opinion ? Dave ? Or Cal neither of you work with these HI-Vi before ? Or the Morels for that matter . Will the Morel MW166 run up to 3500 plus ?

How high will the Morel reach... i know there are some commercial designs that work around this drivers natural extension.

dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.