Wurth capacitors

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Their aluminum electrolytics have great specs and low cost. I suppose it remains to be seen how things will pan out in the long term - sometimes, certain wet Al capacitor types have proven to fail prematurely because of impurities in the foil or electrolyte, but that failure mode requires a year or more to manifest, so we won't know for a while.

I hope they prove to be as reliable as the 'known good' types like Panasonic, UCC, Nichicon and a few others, but again, it's too soon to know for sure. A friend has used some for some non-critical applications and they do work well, so they are promising IMHO and worth using for applications where it's easy to swap them out if they fail prematurely.

If you don't buy big lot of components, thousands of pieces, and if you don't analyse statistically, then there is more or less no chance for you to find out the difference between the brands quality-wise.
So, , , just go for Wurth. The chance to get a bad quality part is very little. I wouldn't concern.
On the other side, why don't play safe? Panasonic and UCC are good and renowned. Just choose the best of their class.

Joined 2011
Paid Member
I used Wurth electrolytic caps with the pink sleeves in a chip amp project. No problems whatsoever. Example part number below.

_

Attachments

• wurth.png
    wurth.png
    67.6 KB · Views: 426
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.