WTB: Playmaster 132

I’m new to the forum and would like to ask if anyone has an old Playmaster 132 that they’d be willing to sell. The design of the amplifier was originally outlined in Electronics Australia in 1971 (June, pp. 44-51; July, pp. 36-41; August, pp. 38-39 and p. 150). I don’t mind the condition of the amplifier (e.g., working, not working, in bits, parts missing).

The reason for my request is that I was passionate about electronics in my teens when the articles for the Playmaster 132 were first published. I couldn’t buy the parts at the time because I didn’t have the money. I’ve just recently retired from a career unrelated to electronics and I’d like to return to the passion of my youth. I’ve worked on a number of radios and amplifiers in the last year, but I yearn for the opportunity to purchase and work on a Playmaster 132.

If anyone can help me or give me some ideas about how best to proceed, I’d be most grateful. I’ve spent a considerable amount of time over the last six to nine months scouring various websites in Australia without success (e.g., eBay Australia).

Thanks,

Old Phoenix

I’ve just realised that most people may not be able to identify a Playmaster 132 (the number is not printed on the exterior of the amplifier). I’ve attached two photographs that might be helpful. A number of other points that could come in handy:
  • amplifier includes a tuner (not that common for a DIY amplifier).
  • “slider” or “straight line” pots are used to control volume, base, treble and balance (again, not that common for a DIY amplifier).

Attachments

• Playmaster 132 (01).jpg
    Playmaster 132 (01).jpg
    318.4 KB · Views: 105
  • Playmaster 132 (02).jpg
    Playmaster 132 (02).jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 109