• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

WTB Digital class D/T power amp for 16ohm speakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I would like to buy a full completed power amp, no volume control, just power amp inside a decent chassis. 1 input only is fine. It needs to be 230 Volts main and preferred choices are based on IRS2092 or Class T.
CDA-254 from Classdaudio would fit, to give you an example. My speakers are 16 Ohm, with 97dB.
For sure I want to outperform in sound quality my actual tripath 2020 designed by 41Hz and get a bit more Watts for easier flow of music.
Budget can reach 400 Eur max depending from the amp topology.
With this limited budget Hypex is excluded i guess..
Thanxs for sending proposals

I has got nothing to do with the load being easy or not. It is about linearity, potential ringing, insufficient reduction of switching frequency and EMI that comes with unmatched filter components. Using 16 Ohms speakers will result in unmatched components and thereby suboptimal filter response in every standard (post feedback) IRS2092 or class T output filter topology. That is one of the reasons I pointed your attention to the bridged modules in my pm yesterday.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.