• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

WTB: Aikido PSU

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Diyclub in Hong Kong has a number of power supply pcbs available that may be used both tube rectified as well as solid state rectified. All the power supply boards provide a regulated output and may be purchased fully built up or just the bare pcb.

The link is http://eshop.diyclub.biz/index.php?cPath=205_151_41

I personally am using Allen Wright's super regulator and I must say that the Aikido sounds fantastic with it. look up vaccuum state electronics website.

As an aside, I too had issues with hum with an ac supply for the heaters especially when the heater is elevated to 1/3 B+. The solution is as suggested by Bas Horneman.

Another issue that I had was high frequency oscillation in the form of a buzzing but this was cured with a small value capacitor connected at pin 9 to ground.

Hope this helps

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Tektronix power transformer

Hi Dave, by Fair Radio sales u can buy Tektronix power transformer for ur Aikido for small money
regards walter

Attachments

• tek_xfmr_2.jpg
    tek_xfmr_2.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 284
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.