• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

working out Z out for tube with IXYS IXP10M45S plate load

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi There
I would like some guidance as to how to work out Z out of a tube with its plate load being supplied by the IXP10M45S.
I have read the article at maarten@platenspieler.com and I figure It probably should be MU follower formulas given the output is taken from the anode of the driven tube.
Given the Current regulator does not have the plethora of caps and resistors though, I am wondering if it may be accurate.
I would appreciate any help
Thanks
Nick

Thanks for the triode datasheet

I will try increasing current.. i find with other tubes that they can sound a bit unpleasant at higher anode currents.. Is that my imagination?
The 180F at 5.1 doesnt sound objectionable at this point but i will double the current and see for myself
Once agin thanks for the datasheet.
Nick

I am always confused

Hi EC
dont worry.. i sppend much of my life in a confused state these days as I find it helps with the vagaries of modern life. Thanks to all for your help.
I plan to construct an riaa stage based on the e180f in triode mode and the ixys current regulator..
Will see how it works.
Thanks
Nick

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.