Woofer alternatives for Alpair 7P

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I did send them an inquiry a good while ago, but I got no reply. I just read in the thread you mentioned that they had provider/website issues, so my message probably ended up in the bit bucket without them ever seeing it. I sent them a PM, and got immediate reply with a good price and very reasonable shipping cost, so I'll order a pair of 12PWs in a minute.

They're here!

I've just received the 12PW's from SonicConcepts/Oak Audio, so naturally I will focus on info on using the combination 7P/12PW. That doesn't mean that this thread is of no interest anymore. The 12PW's look like very nice woofers, but they're a bit delicate. Those who want some more output or abuse tolerance than the 12PW's provide will still find good info over here, so please keep the ideas coming!

Timpert,

Nice to know that you opted to get the 12PW :)

Pls share with us your build progress & pictures would be much appreciated.

I've just received the 12PW's from SonicConcepts/Oak Audio, so naturally I will focus on info on using the combination 7P/12PW. That doesn't mean that this thread is of no interest anymore. The 12PW's look like very nice woofers, but they're a bit delicate. Those who want some more output or abuse tolerance than the 12PW's provide will still find good info over here, so please keep the ideas coming!

Getting the drivers is the easy part. Now making something for them that works well...

Only with the drivers actually in front of me, the ideas start to take shape. That's why I was so eager to get them. If I have updates, I'll post them, but another thread seems a more appropriate place for that.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.