• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Woo Audio WA7 temperature

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
There won't be much chimney effect as the holes are not much taller than the valves. They may help a little with convective cooling. Conversely, the block of plastic may or may not help with radiative cooling depending on how transparent it is for infra-red.

My personal prejudice is to assume that audio stuff designed to be eye candy might not bother too much with sound quality, but your assumptions may be different.

I also like the WOO amps looking, but the temperature I would be worried is at the power source transformers.
In the models 2 and 3 the transformers are too small, just 120W(WA2) and 80W(WA3) as informed on the site.
In the others amps I nor bother search; but WOO amps are gorgeous beautiful.

I've seen and heard this model, did not seem to run hot. Looks interesting as do many of their other models, and nicely built. I am not sure whether it was the source material, player or headphones, but I was not terribly thrilled with what I heard. YMMV

I have WA22 and HD800 - and that is an interface to heaven:D

Anyone that can compare WA22 and WA7?

Not sure if I want to buy WA7 but I could steal some of the design:rolleyes:

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I'd just grab a WA7 and try it out, if you don't like it you can either resell or return it if that's an option. I've also heard the WA22 and thought it was significantly better, of course it costs a good deal more.. (Note my impressions were formed over a very short period of listening to several Woo headphone amps at a very mobbed audio show so hardly conclusive.)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.