With all the talk on cables here, dunno, someone might be interested...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I agree that they should **** off...

Just another reason not to buy anything from them...

It's too bad that they don't focus on building better cables that people would actually want to buy instead of focusing on fancy packaging and tying up the courts with waste-of-time lawsuits...

I'd love it if the judge disbarred their attorney for wasting her time, awarded the defendant $10 million in damages for mental anguish due to their strong-arm tactics, ordered the CEO and the attorney's legs broken, and then revoked their trademark and hence their ability to sue for name infringement...

Half rate management = half rate company = half rate products!

Bottom line is they dropped the ball and missed registering the .biz domain name. They should take responsibility for their own screw up and offer to pay the guy $250,000 for the name if it's so important to them... Instead they would rather prey on others and feed their attorneys... The other suits that are referenced show the kind of company they really are...very greedy and looking for an easy buck!

Obviously the better competition in the area of cables has cut into their profits and they are now looking for other sources of revenue...

An excellent example of management focusing on anything/everything except building a superior product!

Finally, the above constitutes my personal opinion regarding the company and its management, referenced as plaintiff in the above lawsuit, and is presented as a discussion. In no way is it meant to influence your feelings/opinions of said corporation in any way.

I don't think I mentioned their name did I???? Therefore, I shouldn't need to ask/receive their permission for name use...

They are pathetic...

A MONSTER of a lawsuit!!!

What did I read on this MONSTERforum(tm)? I couldn't believe my MONSTEReyes(tm)!!! This is a complicated MONSTERlawsuit(tm)!!!The MONSTERlawyers(tm) are going to have a lot of MONSTERwork(tm)! I am glad I'm not on the MONSTERjury(tm)... You do have to agree that MOSTERcable(tm) has a MONSTERpoint(tm). Would you want everyone MONSTERcopying(tm) you, if you had a great MONSTERproduct(tm)? Not MONSTERme(tm)! Can you believe the MONSTERnerve(tm) that madmartian MONSTERguy(tm) has? It's unMONSTERbelieveable(tm)!!!

You should give MONSTERcredit(tm) where MONSTERcredit(tm) is due!!!

seangoesbonk(tm)(r)
(c) 2002 SEANGOESBONK(tm) and BONK(tm) are fully owned registered trademarks. Any unauthorized usage will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

Its obvious that they have no sense at all. Thay are just a bunch of corporate leaches!

This reminds me of one of the letters that Groucho Marx wrote to Warner Brothers when their film "A Night In Casablanca" came out and Warners threatened to sue over the use of the word Casablanca in the title.

The letter was quite long but as I remember by the end of it Groucho had also explained why Warner Bros could not use the name Warner in their name either. Something to do with the fact that there were other Warner brothers in the world that used the name before they did.....Ah, the world needs more like Groucho.
They never heard from Warners on the subject again.

Mark

Mark A. Gulbrandsen said:
Its obvious that they have no sense at all. Thay are just a bunch of corporate leaches!

This reminds me of one of the letters that Groucho Marx wrote to Warner Brothers when their film "A Night In Casablanca" came out and Warners threatened to sue over the use of the word Casablanca in the title.

The letter was quite long but as I remember by the end of it Groucho had also explained why Warner Bros could not use the name Warner in their name either. Something to do with the fact that there were other Warner brothers in the world that used the name before they did.....Ah, the world needs more like Groucho.
They never heard from Warners on the subject again.

Mark

Actually, it boiled down to the use of the word "brothers" as the Marx Brothers were brothers before the WB existed! (Just to prove how stupid Warner was being about the use of the word "Casablanca")

As to the lawsuit, if you want to be pissed at someone, be pissed at the law firm. They were told to look for infringements, and they just did a blanket search for the word "monster" in a business use. They didn't bother to actually research what the page was about. It was only after the company was informed that they realized what was really going on and called off the dogs. (They have now dropped the suit and paid for his time and attorney fees)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.