• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Wild Burro in Capable New Hands

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dear All,

As some of you know, I moved to Boulder, CO last fall to begin law school at the University of Colorado. Law school has been a great time, but as many of you can see or have experienced, it has significantly inhibited to ability to dedicate time to Wild Burro. Next year, school and work will be more time intensive yet. Wild Burro has always been a hobby for me, and a way in which I feel like I could give something back to the DIY community. For the next couple of years at least, I need to focus on building this new career.

Douglas, an old audio friend of mine from my Minnesota days, is taking over. He has a busy life too as a materials scientist, husband, and father. As I've gotten greatly behind during final exams, I've left him a bit of a hole to dig out of. So, go easy on him for the next couple of weeks! All those of you awaiting replies will see them soon and Douglas will have speakers to ship in about 10 days.

I've had a great time with Wild Burro, and I look forward to seeing all of your future projects! Keep building and keep listening!

Paul
Wild Burro Audio Labs - DIY Full Range Speakers

Hey everybody,

I was well taken aback when Paul started the conversation about turning over Wild Burro. I know that it's been a labor of love for him the last 4 or 5 years, and that there are a lot of music lovers enjoying their betsy(k). Hopefully Paul will still hang out on the forum and chime in. He has been a great resource for the use of fullrange drivers, and most definitely understands the intricacies of the betsy drivers.

I'm going to do my best to live up to the wild burro ideals of great audio at a reasonable price. High end need not have anything to do with the price tag.

I'll have speakers the week of the 20th. In the meantime I'll be going through the stack of emails Paul sent and making contact.

Thanks, and congrats to Paul on the new career.

Douglas

Good luck Doug, having a Wild Burro dumped in your lap could be a scary ordeal! As a Betsy(k) owner and a fullrange driver enthusiast for some time, it's comforting to know that you Doug will continue to carry the torch! The Betsy's fill an important niche in the fullrange psyche and could become a cult phenomenon! Unlike the current fad of constant revisions and improvements, they will NEVER go out of style or become obsolete! Cheers Doug!

Larry

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.