who know about SoundpaX NXT speaker

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
some pics

Attachments

• untitled-1.jpg
    untitled-1.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 382
Cardboard?

I once built a stack of speakers in cardboard boxes, for PA use...

1x 15" woofer out of a theatre organ
2x 10" woofers from consumer-grade speakers
2x 6" mids (unused) as part of my nice studio monitors
2x 1" dome tweeters that handled all the high-range stuff

The cool thing was that I could turn them all up and down individually, so even though there was no crossing over anywhere (!!!) I could get very good sound quality out. At least, as good as you need when the only goal you've got in mind is SPL > 100 dB. :smash:

Nope, sorry....

The stack was only assembled for a few hours--that many speakers in cardboard boxes really takes a toll on storage space!!

From what I can find on Google, NXT speakers are flat-panel HT speakers aimed at consumers. The ones I've seen have crossover frequencies to the subwoofer >250 hz, which in my mind registers as "YUCK"!

I could be seeing something completely different though... is that what you were asking about?

just bought a pair at target (american discount department store) for $49 US. that is the soundpax speakers made by SI-5.

so far, the sound is really great, and unbelievable for the price. the treble is quite clear and the bass is really impressive. goes sufficiently loud too with the included 15 watt (10%THD) amplifier. i wonder whether the bass is so good since these speakers are not operating in di-pole mode?

i hope i'm not deaf in giving praise for these speakers. for your reference, my reference speaker is the TAD audio model-1 and i own a pair of etymotic ER-4B headphones.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.