Who have heard drivers up to 100 kg from ALE/Goto - the most expensiv over the world

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've read someone's comments on goodsoundclub I guess, regarding the biggest compression driver in their line (the 100Kg ones). It was in a system with two of those per sub-bass horn, four of them in total for stereo.

The general impression was that it simply was something different that any bass system, with no actual reference to compare with, but the overall system was really plagued by the fact that the bass was having a significant delay because of the length of the horn - around 6m.

Who knows more about this brand and their distributors?
I'm sorry but i don't.

However with the cost of one of their bass horns at £ 28,215.75 (yes £28 thousand :eek:) or Euro 31,570.07 they can keep them, that's without the driver to (better check the price of that after i post this lol) :D I think a diy version of the horn would be the order of the day...

Nice to look at though & i'd seriously like to take a look at that 100Kg bass driver ;)

Cheers for the links tiefbassuebertr.

E2A:- One driver costs nearly as much as one horn :rofl:

Attachments

• ALE Goto Outdoor Horn .jpg
    ALE Goto Outdoor Horn .jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 1,671
  • ALE Goto outdoor Horn driver.jpg
    ALE Goto outdoor Horn driver.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 1,653
Last edited:
how in the world did you find this? that price tag blows my mind. i would like to meet the buyers myself, there would be a huge market for us DIY guys. I will just stick to my personal panels, cannot wait to hear them this weekend. I HOPE. :D
The actually question is follow: What about the real quality standart?
Here you will find an extremly wide range of photos about projects with ALE/GOTO:
Various pictures and info on 'Goto', 'ALE' and other horns - Analogue Capabilities in Audio

Last edited:
Bass Horn ...

The bass horn measures 1500 mm by 2000 mm at the mouth - roughly 5 feet tall by six and a half feet wide - which is TOO SMALL !!! You know what they say about Real Bass Horns- If you can't walk into it, it is TOO SMALL !!! I guess if you had this kind of money, you could add on to it in your Custom Listening Room Construction - Stereo Only version - I can't imagine how large a project would be for Full 5.1 Surround !!!

Hi tiefbass, have you seen the actual prices of that Stuff. The A160 Bassdriver will be around 61.500.- EU and the matching Horn close to 50.000.- EU plus Taxes her in Germany plus transport with Airfreight. So one Horn/Driver combination will reach 140.000 EU or more?
Do you have had the last Lotto Jackpott???

Hi tiefbass, have you seen the actual prices of that Stuff. The A160 Bassdriver will be around 61.500.- EU and the matching Horn close to 50.000.- EU plus Taxes her in Germany plus transport with Airfreight. So one Horn/Driver combination will reach 140.000 EU or more?
Do you have had the last Lotto Jackpott???
this parts have better price-performance ratio than parts like follow:
http://www.audio-components.de/seiten/ac/info/wilson/Wilson_pdf/maxx_stereo_08.pdf
BTW - Lotto Jackpott with only 140.000 euros total profit - I would be extremely annoying.

The actually question is follow: What about the real quality standart?
Here you will find an extremly wide range of photos about projects with ALE/GOTO:
Various pictures and info on 'Goto', 'ALE' and other horns - Analogue Capabilities in Audio
Informations of the currently website wanted.

Tiefbass you get me maybe wrong!I never said that this Stuff is not worth the price, I only wanna say that such a Setup will become more then expensive!!! Two times the Basshorn with their Drivers will cost around 280.000 EU and then what about the rest of the Music? Mid and HighRange on the same level will be surely around 100.000 EU and then you need the nessary Electronic to drive the whole installation!
That need surely a Lottery JackPott then! :)

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Goto SG146BL SG-5880BL SG-3880BL SG-188BL

The pictures of tiefbassuebertr come from Mr. Kobayashi in Osaka, he is an architect (pictures from the German magazine Schoener Wohnen). The low frequency drivers are twin YL-1250 which can be seen in the garden. YL is ALE today, but the same designer. Die Treiber kosten mit Transport & ZolL+MwSt. etwas mehr.

Attachments

• goto basshorn construction_Seite_7.jpg
    goto basshorn construction_Seite_7.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 141
  • goto basshorn construction_Seite_6.jpg
    goto basshorn construction_Seite_6.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 184
  • goto basshorn construction_Seite_5.jpg
    goto basshorn construction_Seite_5.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 187
  • goto basshorn construction_Seite_4.jpg
    goto basshorn construction_Seite_4.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 191
  • goto basshorn construction_Seite_3.jpg
    goto basshorn construction_Seite_3.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 235
  • goto basshorn construction_Seite_1.jpg
    goto basshorn construction_Seite_1.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 413
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Goto YL Kobayashi Architects

Some of M. Tatsuo Kobayashi Bass horn design papersa and the last photo shows Mr.Kobayashi's Speakers inside his Audio Room use STAX DA80M for boost the YL1250.

Attachments

• Kobayashi Hornconstuction_Page_16.jpg
    Kobayashi Hornconstuction_Page_16.jpg
    492.8 KB · Views: 105
  • Kobayashi Hornconstuction_Page_15.jpg
    Kobayashi Hornconstuction_Page_15.jpg
    464 KB · Views: 108
  • Kobayashi Hornconstuction_Page_14.jpg
    Kobayashi Hornconstuction_Page_14.jpg
    512 KB · Views: 96
  • Kobayashi Hornconstuction_Page_13.jpg
    Kobayashi Hornconstuction_Page_13.jpg
    461.7 KB · Views: 104
  • Kobayashi Hornconstuction_Page_09.jpg
    Kobayashi Hornconstuction_Page_09.jpg
    569.9 KB · Views: 95
  • Kobayashi Hornconstuction_Page_08.jpg
    Kobayashi Hornconstuction_Page_08.jpg
    443.3 KB · Views: 103
  • Kobayashi Hornconstuction_Page_07.jpg
    Kobayashi Hornconstuction_Page_07.jpg
    580.2 KB · Views: 108
  • Kobayashi Hornconstuction_Page_06.jpg
    Kobayashi Hornconstuction_Page_06.jpg
    421.1 KB · Views: 101
  • Kobayashi Hornconstuction_Page_02.jpg
    Kobayashi Hornconstuction_Page_02.jpg
    496.4 KB · Views: 132
  • YL_GOTO _ Kobayashi.jpg
    YL_GOTO _ Kobayashi.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 128
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.