Which power amplification for different powered speakers ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yes I understood that I have to get 24V. I think I will keep the 50W amp but supply it better because if I take a powerfull one I will not be able to make/buy a sufficient battery. If I make 2 pack in parallele of 6x18650 in series, then the current will be 1A instead of 2A for each pack. Is that doable ? Indeed I only have lithium battery so I try to make with that^^.

Yes I understood that I have to get 24V. I think I will keep the 50W amp but supply it better because if I take a powerfull one I will not be able to make/buy a sufficient battery.

That is a very good decision!

Go ahead with your idea of putting two blocks of 6 series cells in parallel.

Please let me know if that combination solves your problem.

P.S. If you have a multimeter, you could monitor the battery voltage to find out how much it falls as you increase the volume of the amplifier.

If the voltage falls a lot then you need a supply with more current capability.

Last edited:
Hello, I did a new 24V dc battery with 2 pack in parallele with 6 cells in series each. The probleme is still here with the same music. I tested this music in the same conditions (Bluetooth and same file) but on my hi-fi systeme and the probleme is not here. So it is necessarily my speakers no ? Have you a solution ? Do I have to buy another speaker ?

Thanks for answering

Have returned to your posts #1 and #4.

I see you are using a 3-way crossover which has dividing frequencies of 900Hz and 5,000Hz.

Please describe how you have connected your single 50W subwoofer, two 20W woofers and the tweeter to this crossover.

So I checked and it is decreasing from 24.2 to 23.9 at the higher volume. But I will never listen a music that loud. For the crossover I just connected the 50W mono out to the crossover input, the twetter to the tweeter output, the sub to the sub output and the middle to the middle output of the crossover

The result from the power supply is good, so unless the amp itself is to blame, it may be something to do with your speakers or your crossover.

Hard to diagnose your problem further given the number of variables.

What is the impedance of each of your drivers and are the two woofers wired in series or in parallel before connecting them to the middle output of the crossover?

QUOTE from Tanguy: I Don't know how it is physicaly possible to decrease the voltage of the battery just by increasing the volume."

I tried to explain this in post #13.

It's all to do with the internal resistance of the battery and the 'lost volts' effect.

thanks a lot for your answers, I can I know if they are in series or in parallele ? because I don't really know the crossover since I don't made it. The probleme seems to be a resonance effect because it append at a verry specific frequency (and I don't know whitch one it is since I don't have any mic). So according to that, is that possible to know if it come from the speaker itself or the crossover ? (I don't know if there is any resonance effect in an amp)

The probleme seems to be a resonance effect because it append at a verry specific frequency.

It's more likely to be one of the speaker drivers which is faulty than the crossover network.

You should be able to tell whether the resonance effect is coming from the subwoofer, one (or both) of the two woofers or the tweeter. Put your ear near each one in turn to see if you can locate the source.

Perhaps you should supply information about which drivers you are using.

P.S. I meant - have you have wired the two woofers in series or parallel before connecting the combination to the crossover mid outputs? - a sketch or photo may be of help.

Yes, your choice of drivers should work with your choice of crossover.

One thought!

The woofer should be in its own separate enclosure within the main enclosure.

Have you done this?

This is necessary to prevent the rear bass waves from the subwoofer from disturbing the movement of the smaller, lighter woofer cone.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.