which 12inch subwoofer?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2007
alright, I have about 50 litres to play with, looking for something thats fairly efficient, and will handle 1000 - 2000watts rms.

amplifier ratings are as follows:

Power @ 4ohm 14.4V: 800WRMS
Power @ 2ohm 14.4V: 1000WRMS
Power @ 1ohm 14.4V: 1500WRMS

so, I'm looking for a dual 2 ohm sub, or single 1 (which is less likely)

(although I may go with a different amplifier)

and finally, it needs to be available in/to Australia!

not all that worried about sound quality, but the enclosure will be tuned to around 30Hz, so as to have a pretty flat response...

I can probably go bigger with the enclosure, but not huge.

your input would be good.

thanks!

edit: my budget is around $AU500 MAX!

does anyone sell the Adire Brahmas in Australia still?

edit edit: http://www.adireaudio.com/

oh... right...

anyone got a second hand 12inch Brahma for sale? lol

I've got a Brahma 10 MKII here in a Nolte Audio Snailshell, which together is louder than any single 12" I've ever heard. It never made its way into the car, due to major mechanical problems with the vehicle, and losing large sums of money over the whole ordeal. The enclosure was specifically made for this driver, and cost me $300 shipped. I bought the woofer to go in it straight from John Nolte, which was another $250. It's all been sitting in my bedroom closet for quite some time now. Despite what I paid, I'd be willing to let it go for a very reasonable price. PM if interested.

:edit: Ah.. I for some reason thought you were in the US. This thing is heavy. :(
I'm sick with a flu and ear infection, must be really out of it or something! :dead:

Disabled Account
Joined 2007
BHTX said:
I've got a Brahma 10 MKII here in a Nolte Audio Snailshell, which together is louder than any single 12" I've ever heard. It never made its way into the car, due to major mechanical problems with the vehicle, and losing large sums of money over the whole ordeal. The enclosure was specifically made for this driver, and cost me $300 shipped. I bought the woofer to go in it straight from John Nolte, which was another $250. It's all been sitting in my bedroom closet for quite some time now. Despite what I paid, I'd be willing to let it go for a very reasonable price. PM if interested.

dont really wanna have to pay $200 shipping, but thanks anyway :)

also, I'm not sure how you decided that its louder than any 12inch you've heard, when you just said that its never even been installed in your car... :confused: lol

also, those "snail shells" are nothing special, and they aren't designed specifically for the woofers specs, they are designed for how big the woofers mounting depth is! and thats all that changes from one "design" to the next... lol

but lets not get into that...

thanks for the offer though :)

TWOJZ said:
also, I'm not sure how you decided that its louder than any 12inch you've heard, when you just said that its never even been installed in your car... :confused: lol

It was used in the home in my HT setup for a short period of time, and I compared it to several other drivers and enclosures I had laying around at the time. Sorry about my offer, i realized you were in AU right afterwards.

Disabled Account
Joined 2007
BHTX said:

It was used in the home in my HT setup for a short period of time, and I compared it to several other drivers and enclosures I had laying around at the time. Sorry about my offer, i realized you were in AU right afterwards.

no worries :)

however, the snail shell will perform differently in a large room than in a car....

from what I've read, the SS's only get about as loud as a normal ported enclosure... maybe slightly better sound quality, but some people have been rather disappointed with their performance.

:)

anyway, I'm looking at a second hand Cadence subwoofer at the moment... see how low in price the guy will go :p

TWOJZ said:
from what I've read, the SS's only get about as loud as a normal ported enclosure... maybe slightly better sound quality, but some people have been rather disappointed with their performance.

Strange. I also tried the Brahma 10 MKII in a .6 ft^3 box @ 30Hz, and the difference between it and the SS was like night and day. Completely different sound in the SS, much louder, lower, and better sounding overall. There was really no comparison. I've still never heard so much low-end output from any single 10" woofer in all my life. Actually, it's also far louder than one of my Ascendant Avalanche 15's in a 2.5 ft^3 sealed enclosure. It wasn't until I got at least two or more of them hooked up and placed correctly with gobs of EQ that it finally outperformed it.

TWOJZ said:
however, the snail shell will perform differently in a large room than in a car....

True, somewhat. In the car, it'd be much louder. ;)

Anyway, goodluck with your search. :)

Actually, I don't know why I didn't mention it before..

Would a single 15" from here to AU be possible? I doubt it. :(
I've got 4 nice 15's for sale.
One of them is brand new, another one was only mounted, one of them is in excellent condition after being used for a fairly short time, and the other has some slight visible wear but is in very good condition. I still have 2 of the original shipping crates.

Disabled Account
Joined 2007
BHTX said:
Actually, I don't know why I didn't mention it before..

Would a single 15" from here to AU be possible? I doubt it. :(
I've got 4 nice 15's for sale.
One of them is brand new, another one was only mounted, one of them is in excellent condition after being used for a fairly short time, and the other has some slight visible wear but is in very good condition. I still have 2 of the original shipping crates.

lol, I'm looking for a 12inch :p

I specified 12inch, as my car has a 12inch hole in the rear tray thingo from stock, and I plan on making an enclosure underneath the shelf :)

but thanks anyway.

you've been very helpful, are you trying to steal my money?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.