What’s the minimum power transformer required to build a gainclone amplifier?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

Might be an impedance mismatch between your DAC and gainclone, what design is it, ( the DAC)?

I made another test with a tuner and GC sounds is ok. What’s wrong with dac? I´m lost.

:bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

I attached my dacs buffer.
When I made my dac I only connected input AC filter and transformers screens to chassis so I didn´t connected to chassis any star grounds PCBs. is it a good procedure??? :confused:

Katapum

Attachments

• v4_5_f_diy_1.jpg
    v4_5_f_diy_1.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 209
new amp search

hello and greetings,

I have this transformer that is looking for a new home. It has 2 secondaries measuring 15 v ac, 20 v dc-no load. so about 19v dc.

I have built all kit amps and this will be my 1st point to point project.

Any suggestions for a good sounding, project? and schematic? Trying to keep the cost within reason and parts count low ; something similar to the original gaincard.

The chips I have used are: lm3875, lm4780, lm3886.

I have an enclosure in mind; it's going to be cube shaped.

cheers
doggy:xmastree:

Attachments

• monarch driver 035 (custom).jpg
    monarch driver 035 (custom).jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 199
Hi,

Might be an impedance mismatch between your DAC and gainclone, what design is it, ( the DAC)?

What’s wrong with dac?
I attached my dacs buffer.
When I built my dac I only connected input AC filter and transformers screens to chassis so I didn´t connected to chassis any star grounds PCBs. is it a good procedure???

Help me please?:bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

Katapum

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.