Whats the LAST movie you have watched?

What's up with the SCIFI Channel shark nonsense? It has if I must say jumped the shark. "Planet of the Sharks", "Toxic Shark" 5 or 6 films a year. If generating this filler actually is economically viable it is a sad statement.

huh that's really sad. I don't like most films about sharks because they are always represented in the wrong light

The last film I saw was Silence by Martin Scorsese. Really interesting. In the first place I chose it because of Japanese sceneries. But the plot line is quite engaging too, though I believe some people might find it boring

Just got around to watching Star Trek Beyond a few days ago.

It was one action scene after another with nary a moment to catch ones breath. I'd have liked it better if it were presented at a slightly slower pace (like the original TV series.)

Anyhow, Kirk, Spock, Uhura, and Scotty were all pretty cool. Sulu didn't say much, and I don't like the new McCoy or Chekov. However, I really liked the alien girl Jaylah - especially her interplay with Scotty.

The movie was generally good but seemed to be missing the fundamental perspective and demeanor from the original series. I'd love to see Star Trek return to its heady roots, but with modern demographically targeted movie making, that's fairly unlikely.

Do repeat viewings count? Last night after watching the Mother of Dragons finally engage them in full battle-flight, I caught the tail end of one of my favorites of the last decade - "Age of Adaline" - I must be a sucker for this type of thing, the same goes for most Nicholas Sparks based stories - but I liked it more than the critics.

What's up with the SCIFI Channel shark nonsense? It has if I must say jumped the shark. "Planet of the Sharks", "Toxic Shark" 5 or 6 films a year. If generating this filler actually is economically viable it is a sad statement.

When Hulu was free I would see many scify movies listed and based on teh one or two that I was curious about they are all really bad - largely poorly done cgi creature features, and it seemed like quite a few had some nonsense pseudo-religious storyline - man opens a crypt and unleashes a revenge or curse monster.

John Wick - no matter what else one might want to say about this type of fetishistic mayhem, there's an undeniable level of artistry in the choreography and stunt work.

Never been a Keanu hater, and while numerous of the supporting cast can certainly act circles around him - Nyqvist, Dafoe , McShane - roles like these are tailor made for him, and his box office revenue ain't nothing to be sneezed at.

Last night, I watched Austin Powers (the first movie.)

A lot of Dr. Evil's and Austin Powers' set-ups and jokes were cliches to begin with, and they haven't aged well.

Both Robert Wagner's and Elizabeth Hurley's straight-man roles fared much better IMO.

I liked the movie when I first saw it back in the late 90s (probably on a rented VHS,) but it's really lost its charm (Ms. Hurley excepted.)

I also watched John Wick a couple of weeks ago , i do find Reeve's performance varies enormously and to be honest the role of vengeful , comes out of retirement hit man was one i expected him to fail at but i enjoyed every minute .
In the last few days i watched 22 Bullets , another retired hit man plot , Lucy great sci-fi and last night Seven which i haven't seen since the original release but remains a classic despite finding Morgan Freeman's voice a little irritating.

Last edited: