What's going on with LM3886 availability?

Based on my recent experience I'd say that the 2025 date was probably determined by someone throwing a dart at a calendar. It isn't just "approximate and subject to change" it is guaranteed to change.

I have an order for another 500 that I originally was told would ship next year that should ship within the next few days. That should keep me going until March 2025 (or whenever). Hopefully...

Tom

Reactions: 1 user
It possibly means that the inventory booked by Digikey is still not sent out from the plant., and it may be part of a pool intended for traders like Mouser and others including Digikey.
Also, it is not yet in the possession of Digikey, nor is it in transit.

Also, try sending in an order through a known person in North America.
That may work.

What does factory stock mean on Digikey.
It usually means that TI has some on hand that Digikey can request but they're not in the Digikey warehouse. I'm not sure there's any difference to Digikey's customers except for a slightly longer lead time (a few days versus overnight delivery). I suppose TI could also drop-ship the parts to you at Digikey's request.

Tom

@Skip Pack Ditto - 9th August, hope is iternal
for the sake of trying to understand something i hit it with 500pieces and this is what I see, but if you order and estimate for anything less its still shows 3rd August.. :scratch2:

there are two things that came to my mind

1) order is in big Que which is sort of not completely transperent.
2) they would like a larger MOQ ( my thoughts)
3) shipments are comming but till a inventory level is not achived DK may not start to ship.
4) TI is still to ship (as per Nbrd suggestion in couple post above.)

1691516015380.png

Last edited:
It usually means that TI has some on hand that Digikey can request but they're not in the Digikey warehouse. I'm not sure there's any difference to Digikey's customers except for a slightly longer lead time (a few days versus overnight delivery). I suppose TI could also drop-ship the parts to you at Digikey's request.

Tom
TI still shows no stock for me even though DigiKey shows a 4digit count.
"I suppose TI could also drop-ship the parts to you at Digikey's request." - how is this done.

Aditya

"I suppose TI could also drop-ship the parts to you at Digikey's request." - how is this done.
Same way as drop-shipping generally happens. Digikey would take the order and you would pay through Digikey. They'd then send the order and your shipping information to TI who'd handle it from there. I don't know for a fact whether they do that, but that's how drop-shipping works. Here's Michigan's AG on the topic: https://www.michigan.gov/ag/consume...alerts/shopping/before-you-buy-or-sell-online

Read back a page or two in this thread and you'll find that some see stock on TI's website while others (me included) don't. TI works in mysterious ways.

Tom

The german distributor where I usually order has no date for the LM3886T and January 2024 for the LM3886TF. I think I'll go for the TDA7293 next time I make chipamps. I found a distributor which seems to have NOS of several chipamps. I already ordered and testet the TDA7293 for 4,90€, which measure ok & work fine. The LM1875T is listet at 1,27€ and even LM3875T's are available, but those are at 11,90€.