What was your last surgery?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Thank you Multisync, I appreciate your words.
Despite all medical theoretical knowledge and practical examples that I have that led to a good result just the diagnosis itself is an imprinting experience.
In the cancer rehabilitation clinic I saw some lucky people and some who knew about their remaining term.
It was formidable how some people could handle it. Most of them gave me the impression that they were very good mind-clearers. At least in the fleeting community.
Smoking area was well attended with those who had good reason to not stay away from bad habbits anymore and with those who could not handle it.
My nature is more pragmatic, but I can't deny there is one more little rat who lives in my head now. I always successfuly pat on their noses to let them crawl back into their corners after a short while. Luckily they do, but somehow leave me with the knowledge their are there. Ugly grinning and waiting to be slapped again and again.

Last edited:
Bad inguinal hernia in 2014. Excellent Slovak surgeon...mended!

Triple Coronary by-pass April, 2018...again excellent. This time in Edinburgh performed by a Singaporean Surgeon. Due to 60 years of cigarette use I already had (mild) COPD which caused me to suffer an attack of pneumonia in recovery.

He also performed a 'scraping' procedure which has totally stopped arterial fibrillation.

All in all a lucky boy tended to by the best at all levels.

Joined 2007
Paid Member
Lots of wise words,
but last night I met a reindeer who told me that parallel galaxys and universes could be a nice expandable idea that even James Randi doesn't want to refute. It said its on a bizarre journey and has no time to tell me much more than that its all very different from what we are able to believe. For proof it quickly showed me his tickets for several simultaneous Elvis concerts, pulled out a towel to wipe the sweat from his forehead, mumbeled something that sounded like "sober fairies ...should have fur, future.. only just begun, Marry everybody" and disapeared.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
End of March 2019. Doc Robinson had to go in and fix the arterial aneurysm he had to leave behind from the(infected) ones he fixed Nov 2016 to save my life — 1 week in induced coma, 3+ months with post-op delusions, a bit of confusion and a month of rehab (5 months total stay). The 2nd one was 9 days in hospital (and out 2 years to the day of my 1st release) , he had weeks & weeks to plan it (whereas the 1st he had maybe 30-45 min utes to prepare (11 hours on the table).

Just over 3 years now, I’m still gimped but rehab is going well.

dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.