What software to MEASURE response

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Long and Mcquade. 5$ day rental for a Reference Microphone and stand is a good deal in my book as i am not going to buy a $1500 peice for use 2 or three times. I thank you for the speaker workshop suggestion ill try that tommorow but i found another "realRTA" online and it worked. Told me what i could already hear. Cutting in the mid was nessicary, 600 to around 1400 was thick. ANd little bass responce below 90 Hz also expected. Other then that i think my other problems are related to a badly built x-over.

Madmike2 said:
.....and get an accurate < ...... snapshot of the speakers ?

To get an accurate snapshot of the speakers themselves and not the speakers-room combination you need Speaker Workshop. In other words you need anechoic measurement, a measurement with the reflections removed from the acquired signal. RTA measurements include the wall reflections and do not give the speaker response (as you mentioned you wanted)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.