What signal level is too hot for the F5?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just remembered that I bought on eBay some 220R Panasonic metal film 3w, this would be the best solution Lorien, as then it would retain the same wattage absorption. The resistors are only 3W and should preferably be 5W for this purpose, but the Panasonic 3W Metal Films are pretty much as good as you can get for this purpose.

So, I have all the resistors you need for this job!

Last edited:
Well I changed the resistor values over, and for my set up it's problem solved. The focus has come away from the treble without the loss of detail the lower mids have come to life and there is more bass.

Thanks again to the diy community for your ceaseless aid, and to Lucas for the resistors. It's an all you can eat curry night for you next time your over :)

Nelson Pass rules :cool:

Well - if there's anyone out there on the end of this thread.

Since making the changes with resistors, the amp is running so cool you might even wonder if it's on at all. Some extra warmth on the fins behind the fets, but the rest of the heat sink is at room temp.

My initial impulse is to up the bias, as I have noticed a marked reduction in SQ when the amp is cold.

Is there a sensible limit to not go beyond, or should I tweak it up by degrees until it reaches a good operational temperature?

Many thanks in advance for your words of wisdom.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.