What kind of switches are these?


2012-02-27 5:02 am
I want to use a up/down counter volume knob for volume control, but what type of rotatory "switch" is it called where its continuous turn (left or right), and where turning right is a "right switch" and turning left is a "left switch" for this volume control?

I know how to describe it but I don't know what the term is for this type of volume knob.