what is this?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It's unusual to have any DC on the input unless you're driving the input from the speaker outputs of a head unit. When driving the signal from a preamp source, you should have no significant DC.

You need to drive the input and follow the signal through the amp (meter set to AC volts). Begin with the signal on the center conductor of the RCA jacks. The signal will go from there to the op-amp nearest the RCA jacks to the preamp board and then to the amplifier. Measure the voltage on the output terminals of the op-amps.

Set the gain to the maximum position, set the crossover to the highest frequency.

here is the AC voltages i am getting from the pre amp board. none are even close to what you said i should be reading.

all the legs that i left with just a "-" . i get the same thing, it seems to go up and down it goes from 0v to out of range, and it keeps going back and forth.

if i put jumper into the connector for the preamp board then i get sound and it seems to work fine. so does this mean that the op-amps are working on the main board? can i assume that everything is working perfectly fine on the main board?

i have 2 of these pre amp boards that i am fixing at the same time so i have something to compare. when i plug in the other pre-amp board i get similar results. the voltages are the same, either 1.25 or the 0-out of range. except where i find these values dont line up with each other. i mean, the locations where i find voltages dont corrospond with each board

Attachments

• acv op amps.jpg
    acv op amps.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 95
here are pictures of the 2 op amps that i replaced and the voltages i found AC with .50ACV into the rca inputs.

i am fixing 2 of these amps at the same time because i am still learning. so i have 2 of these preamp boards. both boards are measuring the same. every single leg of the 3 op amps on the preamp board are now measuring exactly the same. both boards have 1.3 ACV on every leg.

Attachments

• opamps.jpg
    opamps.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 69
yes the amp works with the jumper in and the preamp bypassed.

i got these AC voltages but it seems that when i put the meter on AC and the leads on the legs that are marked as 0v it starts at 2 or 3 volts then drops very quickly to zero. i tried both pre amp boards and both are reading very similar.

i know i have a cheap meter but is there something wrong with it?

and the ground lead this time was on the NEG terminal of the amp.

Attachments

• acv op amps1.jpg
    acv op amps1.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 60
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.