What is the Universe expanding into..

Do you think there was anything before the big bang?

• I don't think there was anything before the Big Bang

Votes: 56 12.5%
  • I think something existed before the Big Bang

Votes: 200 44.7%
  • I don't think the big bang happened

Votes: 54 12.1%
  • I think the universe is part of a mutiverse

Votes: 201 45.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Earlier, I talked about the density of a black hole i.e. the average density of the spherical volume within its event horizon.

I've found an interesting fact!

A billion solar mass black hole, the kind that lurks in the centre of galaxies, would have an event horizon 3 billion kilometres in radius. That's roughly the distance of Neptune from the Sun.

That would give the black hole an average density of roughly 1/1000 of a gram per cubic centimetre, which is comparable to the density of air!

Therefore, if you could enclose the solar system out at the distance of Neptune within a giant sphere, and fill it with air, the enclosed volume would have the equivalent density of a billion solar mass black hole! :cool:

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Earlier, I talked about the density of a black hole i.e. the average density of the spherical volume within its event horizon.

I've found an interesting fact!

A billion solar mass black hole, the kind that lurks in the centre of galaxies, would have an event horizon 3 billion kilometres in radius. That's roughly the distance of Neptune from the Sun.

That would give the black hole an average density of roughly 1/1000 of a gram per cubic centimetre, which is comparable to the density of air!

Therefore, if you could enclose the solar system out at the distance of Neptune within a giant sphere, and fill it with air, the enclosed volume would have the equivalent density of a billion solar mass black hole! :cool:
How fast does material accelerate to the singularity once past the event horizon? Also, since the core is a singularity, what establishes the size of the BH? Is it the rate at which material enters?

I earlier talked about Dr.PhysicsA.

TBH, he lost me with his Christoffel symbols and Kroenecker Deltas. I have always been useless at Algebra. :eek:

Einstein Field Equations - for beginners! - YouTube

But happy days. I bought some new computer speakers.

915779d1611754912-universe-expanding-logitech-z200-computer-speakers-jpg

Excellent result. This is the way forward. :)

My mother would summon me into her room on occasion. She admonished me that all my friends were "Nuts".

All I could say, was that if I dismissed my friends on the grounds of being "Nuts", I would have no friends at all. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.