What is the best resistor?

CryingDragon said:
Sowwy kinda jacked my own thread there :D I ment caps i'm looking on digikey for some small value caps 2PF to 470 PF and i can't seem to fine one brand that has them all it making me mad! :smash: Schmashy!

Ah! Ok. Now we're on the same page.

Damn, 2pF? Hell, just take a couple inches of insulated wire and twist 'em together. What sort of circuit are you working with that needs a specific 2pF cap?

Anyway, <a href="http://www.welbornelabs.com/">Welborne Labs</a> sells some nice Wima film caps starting at 100pF. For much lower than that you'll probably need to go to silver micas or ceramics.

se

C

CryingDragon

STK hybird application circuit. It calls for 2PF in i think a feedback section on the amp. I dono i'll find some somewhere...Damn all my caps,resistors,boards,and such plus my torrid tranny is alomst $100 Damn,DIY is expencive. Oh well :D

Heh, those nice 1ppm 0.1% S102C resistors can go for $17 each. Be careful what you ask for when you use a word like "best" in this crowd.

Might be better to ask "what is the best value" within X budget.

Personally, I'd use the metal film. Make sure the wattage is appropriate--a lot of tube amps need some 1-2W resistors in the plate loads. Some people feel carbon gives that authentic (noisy?) vintage sound.