What is „Spagetti“?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Stone knives and bearskins...

Today we call that an Arduino Sketch.
How ironic that my first "useful" Arduino build was a motorized remote volume control on a TSE-II. Works flawlessly, but it was indeed a challenge. It's no trivial matter to write a sketch that will:

• Accept two hex codes (volume up/down) from a given IR remote
  • Accept the 'FFFFFFFF" repeat string and repeat the last valid code
  • Reject all other codes
  • Keep the motor running as long as the "up" or "down" button is pressed
  • Stop the motor when either button is released
  • Flash the "power on" led as an IR receive indicator
Re breadboarding, at one time I built small circuits in what I called "spider web" form. This was accomplished by simply tack soldering components together without even bothering to fasten them to the "breadboard" proper - which itself only served as a means of support and insulation from any convenient surface. Power was provided via the obligatory clip leads.

The circuit in the first picture shows what I believe to be the VTV 6SN7 linestage in action. It was dead silent despite the utter lack of shielding. Its success notwithstanding, I cannot in good conscience recommend this testing approach (especially if any children or small animals are present).

The second picture needs no explanation.

"Captain, I must have some Platinum. A small block would be sufficient, about five or six pounds..."

Attachments

• SK&B2.jpg
    SK&B2.jpg
    718.3 KB · Views: 55
  • SK&B.png
    SK&B.png
    352.6 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.