What glue for grille cloth to wood grille?

+2
Holds longer than everything else.
and if you work clean, it's hard to see..
BTW it's by Far the fastest way to do..
about 10 minutes for on speaker Cover *this if you have done it a few times.*
More you can line up the cloth very well and you will not see these ugly stripes when not pulled with the same strength on each side.

Last edited:
I gave up on staple guns. I have air staplers and it isn't as good as doing it with hot glue and a wood press in the method I described earlier. Try it once and chances are you'll put away the staple gun. You also never have to worry about staples pulling through or backing out, as they are prone do. Staples win when it comes to speed of assembly but lose when it comes to longevity.

Staples win when it comes to speed of assembly but lose when it comes to longevity.
The staples securing the grille fabric of my Mordaunt-Short MS100 speakers show no sign of giving up on the job after nearly 35 years of removing and refitting the grilles before and after critical listening.

You can just about see the staples in the attached stock image.

Then again, this is a factory manufactured speaker, not diy.

Attachments

• MS100 Staples.jpg
    MS100 Staples.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 84
I gave up on staple guns.
Your choice.
never have to worry about staples pulling through or backing out, as they are prone do
Pulling through is operator error, choosing too long ones, legs longer than base material thickness.
"Backing out": never ever seen in over 14000 cabinets along over 50 years.
If properly applied that is.
If anything, they are *hard* to remove when reclothing.

Staples win when it comes to speed of assembly but lose when it comes to longevity.
Does flawless 50 years performance count as longevity? :)