What does YOUR computer spot look like?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Since i can´t pay the bills anymore...

Attachments

• hum.jpg
    hum.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 907
Here's a picture of the computer-end of my garage - I'd just had a big clear-out - it's really not this tidy now!

This PC is where I do my PIC programming, PCB layout and other electronics-related stuff. It's a modest Celeron 333 runing Windows 98, but as it's kept very clean and has lots of RAM, it's actually quite quick - boots in less than a minute. It doesn't access the internet - my main machine in the office (smallest bedroom) upstairs does all that stuff...

You can see my home-made PIC programmer in front of the phone.

Attachments

• garage.jpg
    garage.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 884
Working..on nothing..busy planning...and scheming. ;-)

My 6s41s worked out very well...after some tuning it now sounds great.(http://home.zonnet.nl/horneman/6c41c.htm) but the speakers are the bottleneck..so also planning some new speakers..tc120tx tweeter and 6w4311 both by focal..a sort of micro utopia clone..

Thinking of quite a few things at the momemt...

Like transformer attenuator by AE-Europe.. Wil is doing some calculations..Hopefully it will be cheaper than $400 for the S&B 102 ..(pair)..

6c45 single tube amp...

or maybe

Monkey type amp (http://joelist.free.fr/Monkey/) with a 2A3

The D3a is one of the very best tubes to use as the top tube on a mu-follower.

Unfortunately because my speakers are not allowing me to hear subtle changes as much as I would like....therefore differences in the upper tube are not very pronounced...(as far as I can determine) ...also tried the russian e180f and e280f equivalents...
and sounded good as well.

My other computer spot

This is machine #2 -- in the shop which serves both as lab and darkroom -- an old 300MHz model which I use it to program PIC's and to do statistical analysis -- I had to buy a flat panel monitor to fit on the workbench top. It also has a couple 10 bit ADC's in it, but these boards are rarely used.

Attachments

• messy3_small.jpg
    messy3_small.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 821
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.