what do you use to clean pcb

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Detergent for dust, no doubt it is self cleaning. M3 for plastic or ink removal.

GREAT!! you found ANCIENT PCB. It must be BIG ROCK scratched with copper or orichalc, finger scale drill hole for house scale devices. Also with magic and super enhancements from ancient era.
 
here:

Its supposed to be white...
 

Attachments

  • Amp3.jpg
    Amp3.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 300
  • Amp2.jpg
    Amp2.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 292
  • Amp1.jpg
    Amp1.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 295
Now that thing really needs a thorough clean up, here's what I do...

Soak the board in detergent solution for 15-20mins, use a shallow basin/bucket etc. just enough for the whole board;) While soaking use a paintbrush to clean hard to reach areas, slowly but surely wiping the dirt off. Rinse thoroughly, then let it dry under the sun or use a hot blower.:cool:

I also use kerosene for lighter cleaning you can even test the board while it is still wet, kerosene do not have electrical continuity and will not damage the equipment. It works for me;)

Regards
 
Not like what I think, of ancient:D.
It is modern PCB. Water is not harmful for switches and relays they are easy to dry, but some cheap iron-copper cables may have faster corrosion. Using dishwasher or detergent is OK. Wash with water after using detergent to clean its remains.
If you choose 70% 2-propanol(isopropilalcohol) 30% is water, and 90% is expensive and dangerous, please read PIM290 for this chemical, before using because it is poisons. Avoid to breathe in it, skin contact, and much more. It may harm your health or even causing in death.

Here is the link:
http://www.inchem.org/documents/pim...tle:4.2 High risk circumstances of poisoning
 
Last edited:
No - chlorinated hydrocarbons are a ticking time bomb for electrolytic capacitors - they get into the works via the rubber seal and cause the insides of the cap to disintegrate. Of all the various solvents, isopropyl alcohol is the least dangerous to people and components. I would imagine ethyl alcohol would also work, but most folks seem to have better uses for it than cleaning circuit boards. Acetone should be avoided, especially if you are using polystyrene capacitors (it dissolves them). Commercial flux remover (a mix of solvents) works pretty well, but is expensive. If you mark your boards with magic marker, it will remove it. This is useful to know if you need to remove magic marker, for example, from a white board where some fool used a permanant marker instead of the dry-erase kind.
 
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.