What audio system do you have?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Vinyl: LeTallec STAD-1/Dynavector DV-505/Goldring G900IGC vdHI/AKG P-8ES/Ortofon VMS 30MkII/Atr AC-1/Ortofon Concorde Pro/GAS 2-MF
CD: Marantz CDR630/Micromega DS-2
Pre: Technics SU9070 x2/GAS Thalia
Main: Son Of Ampzilla 2000/GAS Grandson/Pioneer QM-800A/Forté Model 1/Crown K2
Speakers: Yamaha NS-10 and custom made speakers
Cassette: Hitachi D-5500 x2, Aiwa AD-F880 x2, Telefunken CN750 HighCom x2
DAT: Panasonic SV-3700

Attachments

• Overkill-small.jpg
    Overkill-small.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_0593-small.JPG
    IMG_0593-small.JPG
    69.6 KB · Views: 216
im no wizz and i really CBF finding all the info on my system so imma just tell you the basic stuff k.

SPEAKERS: 2x Sony 60w 6" and 2x Panasonic 20w 5"
SUB: Singular Boxed Titan Sub 12" 1500w
AMP: havent got yet..
HEADUNIT: havent got yet..

when its all ready and ive figured it out itl blow the house down :p
(got any advice for hooking it up in ma room post on my thread under "GENERAL")

thanks,
!DEETECK!

[FONT=&#23435]my [/FONT]audio : [FONT=&#23435] Playback of CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RW discs, including discs loaded with MP3, WMA, and AAC music files[/FONT][FONT=&#23435] Detachable face[/FONT][FONT=&#23435],Built-in Bluetooth (microphone included)[/FONT][FONT=&#23435],Selectable button illumination (amber, blue, green, red)[/FONT][FONT=&#23435],Bass center frequency, width, and level controls[/FONT][FONT=&#23435],High-pass filter[/FONT][FONT=&#23435],Works with with Alpine's iPod adapter[/FONT][FONT=&#23435],Front-panel USB and auxiliary inputs.I will introduce
an excellent place to <a href="http://www.mobilephonespaces.com/">download free desktop</a>
and wallpaper .[/FONT]

i've Had Many Audio Setup's over the years.

my First Audio setup was an Unbranded micro stereo -2004

my Second Audio Setup was a Panasonic SB-AK300 Shelf Stereo -2004

Third was a Panasonic SC-AK330 Nitrix Shelf Stereo - 2005

Fourth was a Durabrand HT-377 2.1 Speaker System -2005

Fifth Regent HT-391 HTIB (Model Owned Twice,Both Used,first Sub only,second whole system) -2005,2007

Sixth Altec Lansing BX-1021 2.1 Speaker system -2006

Seventh Durabrand HT-3917 (Model Owned Twice,once New,once Used) -2006,2007

Eight in line right now is a Sony MHC-98I i think....i currently dismanteled the speakers...though the Reciever seems good enough so maybe some new speakers for it. -2010

A pair of small(ish) Voigt pipes for Fostex FE126eN (with phase plugs), kindly modded by Dave. Crossed to a subwoofer at around 80Hz.

Fostexes powered by a amp6-b from 41Hz.com, 1st order line level filter on the input.
Subwoofer powered by a modified commercial amplifier: variable crossover, level and Linkwitz Transform bypass switch. Around 60w out (bridged), needs upgrading (60w isn't enough when there's around 14dB of eq on the bottom end)...

Source is either an iPod dock (Cambridge Audio), with an iPod Touch 32Gb (new one), playing Apple Lossless files. Or a usb soundcard from my PC (admittedly, usually playing MP3s, though I occasionally use it as a CD player)

Talking of which, Sony CD/DVD player (one of the large black ones from the days when DVD was a new thing). Got it cheap.

And a Philips 437 turn table. Not used that often as I prefer the convenience of pressing a button on a remote and there's a new album playing.

As a whole, it's a pretty good set-up. Certainly better than the rubbish other 16 year olds deem to be acceptable.

Chris

Edit - a couple of photos...

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Last edited:
Thorens TD 126 MkIII, Audio Technica AT1010 arm, Shure M97, Surrey Electronics Disc Amp phono pre (alternatively I use the phono input on my Yamaha C6);

MacPro, iTunes, Echo Audio AudioFire 12 digital interface;

Audio Developments Pico mixer, two modified BSS FDS360 xovers, MC2 Audio MC750 amp (425w), MC450 (250w), T500 (175w), Omniphonics Footprint 150 (53w);

Volt 3143 in t/l <175Hz, Tannoy 3148 DualConcentric >1.2kHz & >12kHz, Fountek JP 3.0 <12kHz.

music soothes the savage beast
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I have 3+ systems, main two are mostly finished with minimum changes, third in flux.

This is what I use in main system:
CD player Jungson moon harbor tube output
LP player Technics SL1200 with Benz Micro low output ACE into Ortophon step-up and Actidamp phono preamp ( preamp self made)
FM only tuner SONY ST-S555ES (excellent tuner)
Cassette player Onkyo Integra TA2070
Reel to reel player Pioneer RT-707
Digital deck Technics RS-DC10
8 input signal selector with JLH JFET buffer (self made)
Tube preamp based on 6N11 SRPP tube kit with remote control volume (both as kit)
Power amp LM1875 transconductance amp (15 watts) feeding the mid/tweet section
Analog subwoofer active crossover (kit)
Power amp for woofers LM3875 chip based (40 watts)
Speakers: 4-way dipole all the way self made
Tweeter BG Neo3 with back cap removed
Upper mid Fostex FF125K
Lower mid Pioneer look a like 8"
Woofers 2x15" Jamo in dipole arrangement

Web page: Audio Pages

Addition

I received a second hand Akai G10 cassette deck yesterday, to add to my receiver, sounds beautifully sweet through the Linton. I know no better yet but am expecting to be corrupted by DIY Audio:eek:.
In the site's spirit, I am making some homemade inter-connects, good fun.

My most listened to system is all Linn as it fits nicely into our little den -- LP-12, LK100, Mimik, Kudos, biamped Kelidh's and a Velodyne subwoofer.

The system which sounds best is all DIY -- a hotted up Adcom GFP-565 preamp into a pair of Pass F5s, "His Majesty's Noise" RIAA amplifier, a pair of Thor's, Pioneer TT, Denon cart, and Sony DVD/SACD player.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
My System

Simple enough, but not too simple. Does what it needs and no more. Like a direct line to the artists themselves. I try to play "Direct to Disc" recordings whenever possible. The emotion comes thru like nothing else.

Attachments

• closenplay.jpg
    closenplay.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 147
My system is an HK911 tuner, Yamaha CX-800 Pre, Carver TFM-15CB, a pair of DIY speaks,,.........as to where I started.....well, ...a no-name "Viscount" circa 1965?
I just came across the thing in the Shed the other day...

----------------------------------------------------------Rick

Attachments

• AAAAAbraK 001.jpg
    AAAAAbraK 001.jpg
    640.7 KB · Views: 121
  • AAAAAbraK 002.jpg
    AAAAAbraK 002.jpg
    677.3 KB · Views: 127
My main system is XM through a Bluetooth transmitter. I have a "Y" adaptor on the XM unit with audio cables ran from it to 2 different locations. (One to the kitchen and one to my screen porch) If I want to listen inside, I use a Bluetooth transmitter in the kitchen, which covers most of the house or move the transmitter to the porch and listen outside..

I have "big" power (Lepai 2020A) but mostly use my 5 volt amp creations. The Bluetooth transmitter covers a nice radius around the porch so I can set up at many locations pointing towards the porch. (My speaker tuning studio) I'll critique/tune on a speaker for days like this. I don't have any test equipment, just my ears..

The wife plays DJ sometimes. I'll connect a portable CD player to the Bluetooth transmitter and let her go. She has a lot of fun with that..

Ain't gotta lot but I'm happy..

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.