What are your avatars?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
DSP_Geek said:
Looks like a closeup on a power transistor, perhaps the eponymous device.

I should have known :eek:

Here's another one of my avatars I occasionally use. A simple animation showing my (British) Tannoy driver:

Attachments

• tannoy curtains.gif
    tannoy curtains.gif
    19 KB · Views: 156
panomaniac said:

Well.... I don't like it much. But it's KBK's avatar I really hate. Just don't want to see that over and over and over. :mad:

I agree and have reworked it again to have about a minute long section where it does nothing but blink.
Should make it easier on the eye.
I also extended the bottom part by a few pixels, also added a transparent border top and bottom to seperate it a little from the surrounding text and a black outline.

But will he use it?
Surely even you must be tiring of it KBK?

Attachments

• kbk edit.gif
    kbk edit.gif
    19.5 KB · Views: 121
Cloth Ears said:

Sorry S3, did you mean Polly Jean? Or the last one that I scammed for a minute from a capacitor eBay auction?

I hope you're very happy either way :)

I meant the last one. Yes, we're very happy although I didn't count on the rapidly spreading stretch marks. I guess when they are that big there is always going to be a trade off.

We're planning on a family right now but can't decide whether or not to breast feed or bottle feed. She says that silicon teats are no good for babies but her Italian accent prevents me from understanding her decision. :scratch:

Sonusthree said:

I agree and have reworked it again to have about a minute long section where it does nothing but blink.
Should make it easier on the eye.
I also extended the bottom part by a few pixels, also added a transparent border top and bottom to seperate it a little from the surrounding text and a black outline.

But will he use it?
Surely even you must be tiring of it KBK?

Actually no. I like it very much.

And pano, I'll try not to post too often, to avoid offending your eyes. :D

I'll take the one minute blinking thingie. I guess it's right there in the post?

Ok. Got it. Thank you very much Sonus, for your efforts.

Me have cables. If you need discount, I will provide. My new cables are NOT mentioned on this forum, no-siree bob. Not a chance. That would be grief. Big time. If you think it is bad now...well....

Too bad Lineup can't hear me when I say that: Imagine what it is like on this side! If you feel you must have me on ignore, well, I've got no-one on ignore on any forum, anywhere. Nope. It just don't feel right.

just upadated my avatar to reflect the cell type i presently study - the rod bipolar cell.

this is the second cell in the rod circuitry - the retinal circuit used for low light vision.

the image was taken on a 2-photon microscope.

the cell was filled with the fluorescent dye alexa-594. you can see the tip of the glass pipette used to fill the cell with dye at the cell body. the opening of the pipette is about 2 microns in diameter.

for the analog oriented, you may be interested to know that for this retinal circuit this is the last fully analog cell in the information path. in other words in does not have action potentials. information is encoded by graded changes in membrane potential.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.