What are you drinking?

I have had it at home before and it is definitely not any London Dry Gin, but much spicier and with a rather subtile taste of saffron.

We have gone for Sloe Gin but also tried a number of other variations like the spruce, cedar and juniper gin from Vikre Distillery in Duluth or Ransom's Old Tom gin. Also Chicago Distilling have come up with some very distinctive kinds of gin.

For interesting liquors, a good friend (and audio enthusiast!) operates Stoutridge- I'm not drinking it right now, but the Genever gin is very interesting stuff. The great thing is that it's constant experimentation and variety, in a very impressive facility (stuff like IR kettle still, etc), owned and operated by some of the nicest and brightest people I know.

Our Spirits | Stoutridge Vineyard

...(stuff like IR kettle still, etc)...
Reminds me of when I was into espresso at home. Had a nice Gaggia machine, expensive grinder from Spain, and hung out on the alt.coffee Usenet group with some absolute maniacs, hotrodding every aspect of the process in pursuit of the ultimate shot. We were adding PID controllers to the boilers & all sorts of stuff.

I even tried parking the portafilter on a speaker cone & vibrating it with various frequencies & waveshapes in an attempt to more evenly distribute the ground coffee inside for more even extraction. This was a colossal failure & pretty much got me laughed out of there, although a while later when one of the "gurus" tried something similar, it was met with oohs & ahhs (they were kind of a clique-y bunch).

In the 80s I lived in Silicon valley, the San Francisco Bay area / San Jose, Mountain View, Sunnyvale South bay. Wineries all around me from Nappa Valley down to Santa Cruiz, Watsonville, Monterey area. I toured dozens of wineries and tasted some truly great wines. The 79 Mirasou Gamay,the 81 Wente Grey Reisling, the 82 Mirasou Chenin Blanc, Kenan Vinyards chardonay, the awesome non-vintage house blend from some monastery that now escapes me...

Absolutely loved wine and drank some great ones.. Till about late eighties when ALL the wineries started adding sulphides. Now it is hard to find any without them. Sulphides give me a throbbing headache.... Guess I'm the exception, because the wineries are still in business. But I no longer buy any.
Doc

When I drank....
Laphroaig 15 year old single malt scotch. Gave it up when it hit $75 a fifth.
On the lighter side, Sam Adams beer. Also enjoyed Tsing Tao.
Doc
You make a lot of good whiskey in the States. I am enjoying Traverse City Bourbon, Port barelled and Journeyman's Corsets Whips and Whiskey.
A drop of water or two and you can drop the scots ...

Reminds me of when I was into espresso at home. Had a nice Gaggia machine, expensive grinder from Spain, and hung out on the alt.coffee Usenet group with some absolute maniacs, hotrodding every aspect of the process in pursuit of the ultimate shot. We were adding PID controllers to the boilers & all sorts of stuff.

I even tried parking the portafilter on a speaker cone & vibrating it with various frequencies & waveshapes in an attempt to more evenly distribute the ground coffee inside for more even extraction. This was a colossal failure & pretty much got me laughed out of there, although a while later when one of the "gurus" tried something similar, it was met with oohs & ahhs (they were kind of a clique-y bunch).

I get that with coffee. Not to say there's not some skill and knowledge involved, but the range from "Very good" to "Perfect" is both highly subjective and not THAT big a spread, and "Very good" is obtainable with a whole lot less than "Perfect", and some might prefer "Very good". Many people see that someone's very happy with their french press and a $20 grinder, and they can't reconcile their $500 grinder purchase without the first person being "wrong" or "incapable of telling what true quality is". It's not rocket science but the people who are the most "into" it try to build it up as if it were.

Rid myself of acid reflux or GERD or heartburn or WHY, with de-concentrated lemon juice.

Back in the early 70s (yes, I'm that old +20) I cured myself of a bad ulcer... with cayane pepper. One night my ulcer was so bad I couldn't stand up. My brother in law was a sort of granola health nut. He suggested cayene pepper. I was major dubious. But pain was sufficient that I thought to give it a try. He had no capsules. So I mixed a tablespoon in half glass of water and chugged it! Man it burned! But about twenty minutes later I could stand up.

Ulcer went away and didn't bother me for a year and a half. I then took a suplimental dose (this time with capsules) and it just never came back.

Doc

BTW Walmart "Vegetable Juice" is really cheap... and tastes just like V-8.