What are you drinking?

The finest 1st flush Darjeeling tea with a delicious small lemon cake.
Yummm.

Later with dinner I will have a couple of glasses of an Argentinian "Reserve" red wine from the Famatina region; from an organically grown Malbec grape and carrying the "Fairtrade" label. I will drink this with locally sourced lamb, roasted with garlic and rosemary and accompanied with steamed Broccolli and a saute' of leeks and sliced carrots with fresh thyme.
Triple yummm!

All-California stouts

Started with Devout Stout, a wonderful mild stout (its an oxymoron, I know). It scores rather poorly on BeerAdvocate but I am very fond of it. This was followed by a Black Magic which just didn't taste right. I am afraid I got a bad one :mad:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Jumped ship to Big Bear Black Stout. Spectacular! One sip of this and I guarantee you will find Guinness and the like become thereafter undrinkable.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

'Lectric Shave.

Wintergreen is best but, despite the finish, Peppermint has a better mouthfeel.

Kofi

Attachments

• lectric-shave.jpg
    lectric-shave.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
Water and Green Tea.

Hoping that by guzzling these two fluids I can drive some weight loss this month. There's Monday Wednesday Friday backrubs on the line for the entire month of June! (contest with wife, % weight loss in May, neck and neck so far)
Good stuff. I hope you're including exercise into the mix to counter (a) muscle loss and (b) metabolism drop due to reduction in caloric intake (I presume you are limiting calories). Otherwise, rebound to greater than original weight is the probable consequence when original caloric intake is restored :(

But lots of fluids are great. An alternative to green tea is red (Rooibos) tea. Wikipedia says it best:

Rooibos is becoming more popular in Western countries particularly among health-conscious consumers, due to its high level of antioxidants such as aspalathin and nothofagin, its lack of caffeine, and its low tannin levels compared to fully oxidized black tea or unoxidized green tea leaves. Rooibos also contains a number of phenolic compounds, including flavanols, flavones, flavanones, and dihydrochalcones.