Attachments

• A8830E5D-2714-4971-A6BB-E84E02014A8A.jpeg
    A8830E5D-2714-4971-A6BB-E84E02014A8A.jpeg
    525.7 KB · Views: 71
Since coming back from France a couple of weeks ago:
  • 9.0% Leffe Royale beer
  • 8.0% Leffe Amber beer
  • 35% Riviere du Mat Arrange Noix de Coco - coconut rum liqueur
  • 6 bottles of red wine and a bottle of white for storage to stock up (I've not bought any for the last two years)

I also had some Don Papa over in France - is too sweet a rum, I also took over some pineapple rum (no sweetness) and the du Mat is between the two.

While scouting Scotland for whiskey last month I discovered two that we/I really liked a lot. Aberfalls (a Welsh whiskey) and Auchentoshan, 3Wood - a single malt from just outside Glasgow. But there are different tipples for different times of the day/week and even music I think.

While scouting Scotland for whiskey last month I discovered two that we/I really liked a lot. Aberfalls (a Welsh whiskey) and Auchentoshan, 3Wood - a single malt from just outside Glasgow. But there are different tipples for different times of the day/week and even music I think.
A few years ago we had a whiskey tasting amongst the St. George's Society (England), St. Andrew's Society (Scots), St. David's Society (Welsh) and Sons of St. Patrick (Irish.) The English purveyor didn't get a lot of traffic, and their offering placed last, St. David's brought Penderyn which was OK, the Scots and Irish took the prizes -- for the most part owing to the fact that the rep from the Irish was a 30 year old "ginger" lass.

It was reported at the occasion that William of Orange used gin to subdue the English.