What about radiation?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
jol50 said:
There is no reason to have a baby monitor very close to a baby, they are quite sensitive or junk.

The worried mother wants to hear every screetch of their offsping, and plant the dect right near the baby. Philips and others ofcoarse, big manufacturers has made the gear, she bought it, and even doesn't realise of the possible problems the technology can bring with it.

jol50 said:
They have never been able to get a phone to produce enough power to make any static electricity. The only time they could start a fire was when defective/fake batteries melted down, much like the sony laptops did. A car can generate a lot of it easily with thousands of moving parts. Defective tires with wrong amount of carbon in them can cause it.

Cell phones and defective tires are not the source of static electricity that causes fires at gas stations. The source of that electricity is the drivers clothing rubbing against the different fabric of the car seat as he/she gets out of the car. If the driver does not discharge themselves before grabbing the pump, when they bring the pump to the gas tank opening a spark can jump and ignite the gasoline or fumes.

I suspect the reasoning behind the recommendation that you not use a cell phone while pumping gas is the same as the reason for recommending that you don't drive while using the phone. Distracted people driving large objects at high speeds are dangerous as are distracted people pumping explosive fuels.

If you're afraid of radiation, don't use wireless LAN, cell phone, cordless phones or any of the other wireless devices that make modern life livable. Go live in the mountains far from DECT and CDMA and GSM. Cover your walls with grounded metal shields and wear metal clothing. Get rid of radios, televisons, microwave ovens, video games, digital watches, and for everyone's sake, please stop posting this nonsensical stuff using a computer! You're exposing yourself to far too much radiation in the process. It is time for you to go off-the-grid!

I wish you and your family much success in your efforts to "improve" your lives by eliminating all sources of radiation.

I_F

PS- I'll bet if I had a higher resolution copy of that MRI that tubee uses for an avatar I could spot the alien implant that the Venusians are using to control his thoughts...

Thanks for the nice wishes I_F :smash:

Here is a photograph of me:

Darth_thumb.jpg

I am not that angry or bad-tempered i look, not anymore. I suspected allready this subject is difficult to discuss, a lot of people think it is nonsense, not new for me. We all can keep our head into the ground like a big australian bird. Or we can face it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Btw discovered the picture in previous post is moderated.

I_Forgot said:

Cell phones and defective tires are not the source of static electricity that causes fires at gas stations. The source of that electricity is the drivers clothing rubbing against the different fabric of the car seat as he/she gets out of the car. If the driver does not discharge themselves before grabbing the pump, when they bring the pump to the gas tank opening a spark can jump and ignite the gasoline or fumes.

I suspect the reasoning behind the recommendation that you not use a cell phone while pumping gas is the same as the reason for recommending that you don't drive while using the phone. Distracted people driving large objects at high speeds are dangerous as are distracted people pumping explosive fuels.

If you're afraid of radiation, don't use wireless LAN, cell phone, cordless phones or any of the other wireless devices that make modern life livable. Go live in the mountains far from DECT and CDMA and GSM. Cover your walls with grounded metal shields and wear metal clothing. Get rid of radios, televisons, microwave ovens, video games, digital watches, and for everyone's sake, please stop posting this nonsensical stuff using a computer! You're exposing yourself to far too much radiation in the process. It is time for you to go off-the-grid!

I wish you and your family much success in your efforts to "improve" your lives by eliminating all sources of radiation.

I_F

PS- I'll bet if I had a higher resolution copy of that MRI that tubee uses for an avatar I could spot the alien implant that the Venusians are using to control his thoughts...

We don't seem to have a static electricity problem here at gas pumps....but I have been to stations that had signs about cell phones causing it.

As far as distracted people...for my $.02 we all must suffer their ignorance I guess and be lowered to that common denominator. No different than the parents who can't read and OD their kid on cold medicine, now they want to get rid of it. Parents that have a child screaming all night because they can't breath need to call these illiterates and have them stay up with the child all night. I will continue to pay for other people's stupidity!

I drove for months testing in downtown Detroit talking on a cell at times constantly, I never had a problem. Unlike other people my neck and eyes still work when I talk on a phone. I could even chew gum at the same time... maybe they should outlaw jumping off cliffs too? Car radios? No difference to me, if you are not capable you should know enough to not do it so you don't kill other people.

Afraid of radiation, LOL, that is funny. Maybe not a good idea to live under HV lines or sleep with a cell under your pillow, but high power devices in the past should have born out any issues. I don't buy that digital signals are more effective (somehow) on humans than more powerful analog ones, until I see proof. Until then I'll keep watching the X-files....:D

I have a wireless lan that is turned off, but I don't know if it really turns off the transmitter. However it is in a seldom used corner of the basement with the antennas folded down. I can tell you I have some newer cordless phones that are junk, and have to use an old 900 one to go out in the yard and talk. I even have them near a window and higher up in the room.

Here is a picture of a field analizer,the FA 306, i use an allmost similar FA 300 with some smaller frequency range (Electromagnetic 1.7 to 2.5Ghz) It measures also Electric low frequency in V/m, and magnetic low frequency in uTesla
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
These Field Analyzers only for narrow band or mobile phone special band testing use, frequency range can not cover most of the electric appliances, sensitivity and resolution may be too low for what you need.

I recommend France made, Chauvin Arnoux Field strength meter C.A 43 for power density measuring use, wider frequency range from 100KHz to almost 3Ghz, sensitivity even from 0.1uw / square cm, automatic convert from v/m to uw/square cm.

Testing probe use EF-2A omni-directional sensor.

The radiation frequency even down to 10 KHz can be measure.
( need compensation reading parameter), but still can be use for reference .

If we testing desk fluorescence lamp (electronic ballaster) 23KHz to 50 KHZ, Halogen lamp 23KHz to 38KHz, Induction Heating Cooker 28KHz to 35KHz, computer switching power supply or adaptor , CRT monitor horizontal sweeping 15.7KHz to 80KHz , mobile phone battery charger 20 to 30KHz, microwave oven 2.45GHz, etc.

you will find not only communication devices generate electromagnetic field and waves, most of electrical appliance are sources of it !

ICNIRP regulations are for reference only, can not protect human healthy by it's very loosely regulation limit.

Best Regards

Thanks TJL for comments.

I found out also nowadays a lot more electromagnetic fields are around us. I have an old FM stereo walkman receiver, i used it in the past a lot (1990) It still works, and i used it now again on bycicle. I discovered nowadays a lot more interference and receiving problems as compared to 1990. In special near computers/machines and in shops (with big coated glass/ steel buildings) receiving is bad, but i receive easily all kinds of noises.

Yes the FA-300 is rather simple, but for average "home" use to detect EM radiation sources it is quite good. It is designed to detect possible sources wich are better avoided by the EM sensitive persons. In the meantime some better models are designed (the FA-300 is one of the first) The FA-300 is a lot better then a simple tape-walkman, some use that too to detect EM sources of GSM.

Some features of FA-300:

*Electro-Magnetic (Peak) 1.7 -2.5 GigaHertz, from 2 to 6200 mV/m (0.01 to 100.000 microW/m^2 It can seek and hold maximum peak and display Average level.

*Electric low frequency: from 0.1 to 199 V/m.

*Magnetic Low frequency: from 0.01 to 9.99 micro Tesla.

There is a speaker provided to make increasing sources audible. This is handy when you want to detect if there are any GSM antenna's when you drive a car.

The FA 306 is a few hundred Euro's forgot exact price, it can also measure 800Mhz GSM band. I bet the use Chauvin Arnoux Field strength meter C.A 43 is more expensive, but therefore very suitable for real professional use.

The FA-306 is followed by a more advanced model, with better display:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Jol50: with my simple analizer i can detect easy if a Wireless LAN is switched on.

To be honest i have that FA-300 analizer for a year now, used it occasionally. The last two weeks i used and experimented more with it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.